"A peaceful place to wake up" Saint George by 850prc
Saint George Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 34 photos
St. George itself isn't much more than a little place in the road between St. John and the Maine coast. When I originally planned our trip, we thought we'd be driving from our B&B in New Brunswick straight back to the airport in Bangor, Maine. So, we really wanted to be somewhere south of St. John - so that our return trip could be a reasonable drive.
As fate would have it, the evil empire (Delta Airlines) made a huge schedule change that forced us to return to the US a day sooner. However, the original plan of looking for somewhere beyond St. John had led us to the L'Etete Schooner B&B via the www.bbcanada.com website. We corresponded with the owners (Gil and Deenie Wilson) and fell in love with the place. Soooooo, we ended up making St. George our base of operations.
It's really a good choice if you'd like to spend a few days exploring St. John, St. Andrews, and/or maybe heading back over to Fredericton.
All in all, it's a friendly and accomodating little 'burgh, and a great place to wake up in the morning - especially if you're having a big glass of Deenie's freshly-squeezed orange juice.
- Pros:A great location for exploring much of southern and coastal New Brunswick.
- Cons:It IS out in the middle of nowhere. (For US, this is also a "pro")
- In a nutshell:Friendly folks and a few good local seafood places. Truly a great place to spend your nights in New Brunswick.
Whether you choose to do it on foot, or with a gentle drive - you should explore the roads and byways around St. George.... more travel advice
Comeau's Seafood restaurant is one of the places recommended to us by local innkeeper Deenie Wilson. She told us that... more travel advice
850prc's Related Pages
Saint George Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Saint George
- Hotels in Saint George
- Restaurants in Saint George
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint George
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Saint George
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Saint George?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint George
Photos in Saint GeorgeSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues