"An interesting stop on the North Shore" Tatamagouche by 850prc
Tatamagouche Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 19 photos
Tatamagouche is a small north shore town, situated some 50 km north of Truro and 50 km west of Pictou. It's right smack dab in the middle of the route 6 "North Shore Sunrise Trail", so visitors often pass through the village limits. The interesting name comes from the native (Mi'kmaq) term Takumegooch, which roughly translates as "meeting of the waters". Tatamagouche is situated right on the north shore (Amet Sound) at the meeting of two rivers.
There are less than 1000 people who are officially "Tatamagouchans" (or whatever the natives call themselves). But in the realm of local and regional festivals, history and culture, Tatamagouche plays much larger than its small size.
Summertime brings strawberry and blueberry festivals, lobster suppers a-plenty and a large farmer's market every week. There is a local Sunrise Tral museum that examines the town's varied cultural roots, as well as its heritage in shipbuilding.
There are local art centers and museums of interest, and literally - quite a bit to do for even a medium-sized town. So, it's quite surprising to realize how small Tatamagouche really is. You might want to check out http://tatamagouche.com/
for more information.
- Pros:A good place to stop for a bit as your tour the "Sunrise Trail"
- Cons:Signage issues... not everywhere you are going is well marked.
- In a nutshell:A very small town that has a special feel to it.
About 17 km west of Tatamagouche, along the Sunrise Trail (route 6), you'll come to the turn-off for the small village... more travel advice
850prc's Related Pages
Tatamagouche Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An interesting stop on the North Shore"
- "Did someone just drop a pin?"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tatamagouche
- 3 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Tatamagouche?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tatamagouche
- Posted in Travel Oregon Forum "Re: The Northwest Oregon Coast -..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fruit of the vine done well - JOST WINERY"
- updated a Tatamagouche Travelogue "Fruit of the vine done well - JOST WINERY"
- Wrote a Review Get a wineglass and head over to Malagash in Tatamagouche Off The Beaten Path
Photos in TatamagoucheSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues