"A restful place for coastal exploration" Seal Rock by 850prc
Seal Rock Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 23 photos
We were looking for a good 'center of operations' for a few days' coastal exploration. We finally settled on Seal Rock, a sleepy little US 101 town with a few bed and breakfasts, a couple of shops and a diner that's only open until 3 pm each day. Being 'out of the way', you'll find B&B rates much lower, AND.... it's only 25 miles south to Florence, a little more than double that on down to Coos Bay, and a reasonable drive northward, perhaps as far as Lincoln City. Inland Oregon is still easily accessed with a couple of east/west highways just north and south of Seal Rock.
In short, it was just what we needed. We found a friendly little B&B and stayed there for three quiet and peaceful days.
And, Seal Rock has some of the most stunning scenery along the Pacific coast, and a nearly-deserted beach.
- Pros:peaceful, beautiful and centrally situated on the US101 Oregon coast
- Cons:not much ACTUALLY there. You'll need to roll 7-8 miles (at least) most nights for dinner and such.
- In a nutshell:Pretty and peaceful place for a hour's stopover, a night's rest, or several days of area exploration.
850prc's Related Pages
Seal Rock Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More Views from Seal Rock"
- "A restful place for coastal exploration"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Seal Rock
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Seal Rock?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seal Rock
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues