"Uncrowded Family Skiing in Red River, New Mexico" Red River by 850prc
Red River Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 44 photos
A Rocky Mountain ski resort conjures up many images in your mind. There are hot spas, clubs, fancy hotels, rich people, "apres ski" activities to boggle the mind, and sky-high prices.
Red River is none of these things. It's just a simple little western village a couple of hours north of Albuquerque. This is a place where you can get a decent family condo for a price that won't break the family piggy bank. You'll find steak houses where you're expected to pitch appetizer peanut shells onto the floor.
OK, this ain't Vail or Crested Butte, folks. But, the snow is good, the lift lines are blessedly short, and the little things such as ski schools and rental facilities are fine. It's a good place to take your family for a ski vacation.
I've harped Red River as THE place to take your family for a quiet ski trip. So, here is MY family, enjoying an afternoon in this western ski village, in the foothills of the New Mexican Rocky Mountains.
- Pros:Decent skiing, good condos, reasonable prices
- Cons:If you're looking to party, go elsewhere.
- In a nutshell:You may break a leg, but you won't break your piggy bank
Anyone who goes skiing appreciates the shortest possible lift lines. And, while lift lines aren't really much of a... more travel advice
850prc's Related Pages
Red River Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Our Ski Trip"
- "Uncrowded Family Skiing in Red River, New Mexico"
- "I fell in love with Red River"
- "Red River"
- "Basaic Red River Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Red River
- Hotels in Red River
- Warnings and Dangers in Red River
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Red River
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Red River?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Red River
Photos in Red RiverSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues