"Kennebunkport, snuggly harbor in coastal Maine" Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport by 850prc

Kennebunkport Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 312 photos

A Picturesque and Cozy Coastal Village

Looking for a place to spend a long and romantic weekend? You've surfed to THE right page, my friends....

Kennebunkport, Maine is exactly as advertised. It's a snug little village on the Maine coast. There are all sorts of houses, large and small. If you're into inns or B&Bs, this is your town. Plenty of gift shops and places to just enjoy walking and/or relaxing.

Like I say on many of my vacation choices, if you're looking for a party, move on. But if your looking for charm and hospitality, Kennebunkport and the surrounding area is a good choice.

"The Kennebunks"....three for one!

Kennebunkport is part of a little collection of villages referred to as "the Kennebunks". The entire grouping consists of Kennebunk, the village of lower Kennebunk and Kennebunkport. Lower Kennebunk and Kennebunkport are side-by-side, with the only division being a tiny inlet of water and a small drawbridge. The actual village of Kennebunk is maybe two miles further down the road (Maine highway 35)

This phenomenon of having a "group" of villages referred to as "the ...." isn't confined to the Kennebunks. It seems to be more of a state-wide plan, at least along the coast. Very nearby to "the Kennebunks", one will find "the Yorks" and "the Berwicks".

• Pros:The epitome of coastal Maine. Charming, classy and friendly
  • Cons:Can get a little busy during the day when the tour buses come through
  • In a nutshell:The perfect place to spend a long weekend in a B&B
  • Last visit to Kennebunkport: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 1, 2008

• PALLINA's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2011 at 1:14 AM

wow! great page!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I have re-reviewed you comments and tips/pictures. YOu have done a great job of describing the area and wonders.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Interesting pages on Kennebunk --- informative and the Bush Family even has an estate there!

• meggy88's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2009 at 6:48 PM

I visited Kennebunkport many years ago and your pages brought back some good memories.

• Vulindlela's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Your tips are fantastic! The B and B looks so inviting! I have always wanted to visit here, ever since it become more known because of the Bush family.

• Jefie's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2008 at 5:42 AM

Nice page! We drove by Kennebunkport last summer but there was so much traffic, we decided to go to the zoo in York instead of the Trolley Museum. After reading your tip, I'm really glad we did!!

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2007 at 6:48 PM

Great page. We loved this stretch of the Maine coast - and I have a puffin whirly-gig outside my kitchen window to remember it by. You should come and try our Western Rock Lobsters some time though - they really are the best! leyle

• Nov 7, 2006 at 5:02 AM

Thanks for the info on the Good Earth Pottery Shop. Visited there briefly on a recent trip and absolutely loved the pottery, but could not remember the name of the place. Thanks again!

• Minstrelette's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2006 at 7:01 AM

Thanks for the tip on the Trolley Museum. I was planning on checking it out this weekend- I think I'll stick to the parking lot.

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2006 at 2:12 PM

Very nice page with good tips and pics. Though I dont care to meet the Bushes, lol.

850prc

“Proud visitor to all seven continents! Presently giving thought to the eternal question.... where to next? ”

Badges & Stats in Kennebunkport

Have you been to Kennebunkport?