"Kennebunkport, snuggly harbor in coastal Maine" Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport by 850prc
Kennebunkport Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 312 photos
Looking for a place to spend a long and romantic weekend? You've surfed to THE right page, my friends....
Kennebunkport, Maine is exactly as advertised. It's a snug little village on the Maine coast. There are all sorts of houses, large and small. If you're into inns or B&Bs, this is your town. Plenty of gift shops and places to just enjoy walking and/or relaxing.
Like I say on many of my vacation choices, if you're looking for a party, move on. But if your looking for charm and hospitality, Kennebunkport and the surrounding area is a good choice.
Kennebunkport is part of a little collection of villages referred to as "the Kennebunks". The entire grouping consists of Kennebunk, the village of lower Kennebunk and Kennebunkport. Lower Kennebunk and Kennebunkport are side-by-side, with the only division being a tiny inlet of water and a small drawbridge. The actual village of Kennebunk is maybe two miles further down the road (Maine highway 35)
This phenomenon of having a "group" of villages referred to as "the ...." isn't confined to the Kennebunks. It seems to be more of a state-wide plan, at least along the coast. Very nearby to "the Kennebunks", one will find "the Yorks" and "the Berwicks".
- Pros:The epitome of coastal Maine. Charming, classy and friendly
- Cons:Can get a little busy during the day when the tour buses come through
- In a nutshell:The perfect place to spend a long weekend in a B&B
Cottage Collectibles is what I'd like to call a little "knick knack" shop. They have lots of small craft items, many of... more travel advice
The Aroma Floria shop had an extensive inventory of locally crafted items of interest and use for sale. Among the... more travel advice
- See All Sleep Late in the Kennebunks
- See All A must EAT activity....get yourself a...
- See All We ALL scream for ice cream
- See All Meet the President on the golf course
Written Oct 26, 2003
The 1802 Inn, Kennebunkport
Written Oct 28, 2003
Scenery around "the Kennebunks"
850prc's Related Pages
Kennebunkport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kennebunkport, snuggly harbor in coastal Maine"
- "KENNEBUNKPORT MAINE"
- "Kennebunkport, ME"
- "Quaint Town in the Old Days"
- "Kennebunkport -- Resort of Presidents!"
- "Welcome to Kennebunkport"
- "Summer home of the President"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kennebunkport
- Hotels in Kennebunkport
- Transportation in Kennebunkport
- Nightlife in Kennebunkport
- Restaurants in Kennebunkport
- Shopping in Kennebunkport
- Warnings and Dangers in Kennebunkport
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kennebunkport
- 49 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 59 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Kennebunkport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kennebunkport
- Posted in Travel Oregon Forum "Re: The Northwest Oregon Coast -..."
- updated a Kennebunkport Travel Page "Kennebunkport, snuggly harbor in coastal Maine"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Say hello to George and Barbara....."
- Wrote a Review Personal Personal Personalizing in Kennebunkport Shopping
- Commented on one of BabciaMaine's Kennebunkport travel pages
Photos in KennebunkportSee All Photos (64)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues