"Orlando, the "Tragic Kingdom"" Orlando by 850prc
Orlando Travel Guide: 3,163 reviews and 6,213 photos
As you might have guessed from my "Tragic Kingdom" comment, I'm not crazy about Orlando. It's not that Orlando is a bad town. It's just that all that vacation magic stuff that they've built is so incredibly phony.
But, if theme parks and kingdoms are your bag, it's my job as a Floridian to give you the low-down.
For my money, the most interesting park in Orlando is SeaWorld. There is a lot to be learned, and there's numerous opportunities to get up close and personal with the marine residents of SeaWorld.
Like I say, one of the best things about SeaWorld is the opportunity to get up close and enjoy many marine creatures. I enjoyed petting the porpoises.....and the porpoises seemed to enjoy it, too. These are truly remarkable creatures.
Yep, that'd be Disney World, aka the "Tragic Kingdom" to us jaded Floridians. The people who call it the happiest people on earth are probably Disney accountants. :)
But, no use poisoning things for you if you've decided to visit Walt Disney World in Orlando. My advice is to pick a weekday, and to show up early. Stay all day and get your money's worth. Do it all and then decide if you ever want to do it again. : )
For more of my caustic Disney World humor, with some useful advice sprinkled in, see my Disney World Travelogue.
- Pros:There are some decent places to eat and their airport is great
- Cons:Too many people. Too many phony fun parks.
- In a nutshell:Everybody ends up visiting Orlando. Don't feel guilty if you don't love it. : )
It's not that Animal Kingdom is a bad place. It's no worse than the "Tragic Kingdom" itself, but so many people arrive... more travel advice
850prc's Related Pages
Orlando Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"
- "orlando florida"
- "take it from a local..."
- ""When You Wish Upon a Star.....""
- "Orlando, Florida"
- "Disney and Universal Studios"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Orlando
- Hotels in Orlando
- Transportation in Orlando
- Nightlife in Orlando
- Restaurants in Orlando
- Shopping in Orlando
- Warnings and Dangers in Orlando
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Orlando
- 2 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Orlando?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Orlando
- Posted in Travel Oregon Forum "Re: The Northwest Oregon Coast -..."
- Commented on one of Pawtuxet's Orlando travel pages
- Wrote a Review Disney's Animal Kingdom.....nothing special about Walt Disney World in Orlando Tourist Traps
- Uploaded a Photo to "Disney's Animal Kingdom.....nothing special"
- created a Orlando Travelogue "Walt Disney World, a Florida "Dante's Inferno""
Photos in OrlandoSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues