"Miccosukee...our country home village" Miccosukee by 850prc
Miccosukee Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 85 photos
Welcome to MY part of Florida, VT friends. Miccosukee is really just a place in the road with a flashing traffic light, a little store and a couple of homes, but it's the closest "town" to my personal estate. <g> Enjoy your stay on my pages, and come by our part of Florida sometime.
A note... one of the best things about the south is our food. Look through my Miccosukee GENERAL TIPS for recipes and food ideas.
And if you try any of our southern eats, let me know how it goes.
We live among some of the nicest farmlands in the southern USA. This field is right down the road from where I live. I always like the pastoral scene when they've rolled the hay into giant bales just before winter.
This is the turn-off to visit Miccosukee. In this photo, you are driving east on US90, about 15 miles east of the Tallahassee city limits. Florida County Road 59, also known of as Veterans Memorial Drive, turns off to the left. Go left here, and about 2 miles up the road will be my house, on the right. If you drive the full 5 miles, you'll be in the tiny village of Miccosukee, Florida. Keep driving north AFTER Miccosukee and you'll reach the state of Georgia in another 10 miles or so.
- Pros:Good friends, beautiful land, peace and quiet
- Cons:very little goin' on around these parts
- In a nutshell:EVERY little town deserves a VT page. Doing my part for Miccosukee. : )
For the last few years, Miccosukee has hosted a tidy little event called "The Classic Car and Doll Show". It's a simple,... more travel advice
It's still about an 8 mile drive, but THE closest sit-down restaurant to Miccosukee is the Creekside Grill. The... more travel advice
Written Apr 5, 2009
The 2009 Classic Car Show in Miccosukee
Written Jun 9, 2007
Chamlis Pond....my personal wildlife preserve
Written Aug 17, 2008
We have a thing for BEAUTIFUL wings
Written Apr 12, 2005
Especially in Florida...when it rains, it POURS
850prc's Related Pages
Miccosukee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Miccosukee...our country home village"
- "Untold: It's really Woods House (Van Brunt/Morris)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Miccosukee
- Nightlife in Miccosukee
- Restaurants in Miccosukee
- Shopping in Miccosukee
- Warnings and Dangers in Miccosukee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Miccosukee
- 40 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Miccosukee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Miccosukee
- Commented on one of 850prc's Miccosukee travel pages
- Posted in Travel Oregon Forum "Re: The Northwest Oregon Coast -..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "The 2009 Classic Car Show in Miccosukee"
- updated a Miccosukee Travelogue "The 2009 Classic Car Show in Miccosukee"
- Wrote a Review The annual Classic Cars & Doll show in Miccosukee Favorites
Photos in MiccosukeeSee All Photos (80)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues