"Miccosukee...our country home village" Miccosukee by 850prc

Miccosukee Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 85 photos

Not a city or a town....just a place on the road

Welcome to MY part of Florida, VT friends. Miccosukee is really just a place in the road with a flashing traffic light, a little store and a couple of homes, but it's the closest "town" to my personal estate. <g> Enjoy your stay on my pages, and come by our part of Florida sometime.

A note... one of the best things about the south is our food. Look through my Miccosukee GENERAL TIPS for recipes and food ideas.

And if you try any of our southern eats, let me know how it goes.

Come by and say hay. : )

We live among some of the nicest farmlands in the southern USA. This field is right down the road from where I live. I always like the pastoral scene when they've rolled the hay into giant bales just before winter.

The Road to Miccosukee

This is the turn-off to visit Miccosukee. In this photo, you are driving east on US90, about 15 miles east of the Tallahassee city limits. Florida County Road 59, also known of as Veterans Memorial Drive, turns off to the left. Go left here, and about 2 miles up the road will be my house, on the right. If you drive the full 5 miles, you'll be in the tiny village of Miccosukee, Florida. Keep driving north AFTER Miccosukee and you'll reach the state of Georgia in another 10 miles or so.

• Pros:Good friends, beautiful land, peace and quiet
  • Cons:very little goin' on around these parts
  • In a nutshell:EVERY little town deserves a VT page. Doing my part for Miccosukee. : )
  • Last visit to Miccosukee: Aug 2008
  • Intro Updated Aug 17, 2008

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I came back to see the rest of your good life down there. I looked at Thomasville/Valdosta 2 years ago for possible move one day.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
      Jun 9, 2013 at 5:35 PM

We'd love to welcome you to our area, Bruce. Write anytime you have questions about our part of the world.

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I will keep it in mind. The region is one close to the daughter and family but still far enough away to let them have their own life daily; plus the climate is ideal down there-most days.

Oct 11, 2010 at 2:47 PM

This looks like the quintessential US town that we all like to remember the family and values by. YOu have found a nice place to call home and the presentation well done.

• Jul 5, 2010 at 1:32 PM

I grew up in Miccosukee went to Miccosukee school before it was named Concord. It is the Averitt Winchester Lee house. Not Averill just passing along the info. Thanks

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2010 at 12:22 AM

It's great that you are writing about smaller towns, I am doing the same. I wish I could take Butterfly photo's like you have! mine are blurred! The huge Oak tree brought back wonderful memories of my childhood, thanks!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Ya gotta love that small town stuff. course if I ate that way now, I'd weigh a ton. We lived in the south when I was young..never took to grits...but fried chicken is another story. I'll be over for Sunday dinner.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2009 at 5:07 PM

I've never been to Miccosukee, but it looks really very "country" and peaceful -- and very strict with Bible studies too! I bet the crime rate is ZERO...nice tips, Norman :)

• zanzooni's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Love ma grits with butter, cream and brown sugar sans salt! Hate Okra-big staple in the middle east, We make the best crab cakes bar none!, I don't like sweet tea and you can't find it readily in VA(Twinnings Black Currant is artificially flavored) ~

• Oct 6, 2008 at 12:43 AM

Nice pictures and information!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2008 at 12:57 PM

Me again, just checking back for updates. German television news today showed a tropical storm heading in your direction. Hope you've got the hatches battened down -- good luck!

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2008 at 5:00 PM

Brings back memories!!

850prc Used To Live Here!

850prc

“Proud visitor to all seven continents! Presently giving thought to the eternal question.... where to next? ”

Badges & Stats in Miccosukee

Have you been to Miccosukee?