"Clearwater, Clearwater Beach and Sand Key" Top 5 Page for this destination Clearwater Beach by 850prc
Clearwater Beach Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 112 photos
Those of you who know me realize that I'm not really a beach person. I generally hate the crowds and garbage that famous beaches seem to attract.
Clearwater Beach isn't the quiet wonder that I find at Fernandina, but it's an acceptable west Florida coast place to visit. I especially prefer going across the bridge from CWB to Sand Key, where there are fewer hotels and more private homes.
Anyway, this is a place that I'd recommend to people who just want to relax on the beach and in the surf.
- Pros:Nice beach, gentle surf, lots of sunshine, good local eateries, less "scuz" than the Daytona-type venues
- Cons:There are still too many people for my general tastes
- In a nutshell:If you're on the west Florida coast and you want a beach, it's a good choice
If you find yourself in the Tampa-St Pete-Clearwater area during baseball season, you might want to slide over and see... more travel advice
This is your basic Sheraton beachfront resort. It has all the accommodation and accessories that you'd expect. The... more travel advice
850prc's Related Pages
Clearwater Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Clear, Warm Water"
- "Clearwater Beach"
- "Clearwater Beach Florida~May 2009"
- "Reminds me of the Australian Gold Coast"
- "Clearwater, Clearwater Beach and Sand Key"
- "Soaked up the Sun October 2006"
- "Our beach to relax at"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Clearwater Beach
- Hotels in Clearwater Beach
- Transportation in Clearwater Beach
- Nightlife in Clearwater Beach
- Restaurants in Clearwater Beach
- Shopping in Clearwater Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Clearwater Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Clearwater Beach
- 6 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Clearwater Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clearwater Beach
- Posted in Travel Oregon Forum "Re: The Northwest Oregon Coast -..."
- Wrote a Review Baseball Lover? Check out the Rays in Clearwater Beach Sports & Outdoors
- Commented on one of CoAir13's Clearwater Beach travel pages
- updated a Clearwater Beach Travelogue "Fun, Fun, Fun till daddy takes the T-Bird away"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fun, Fun, Fun till daddy takes the T-Bird away"
Photos in Clearwater BeachSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues