"Clearwater, Clearwater Beach and Sand Key" Top 5 Page for this destination Clearwater Beach by 850prc

Clearwater Beach Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 112 photos

More beach, less resort

Those of you who know me realize that I'm not really a beach person. I generally hate the crowds and garbage that famous beaches seem to attract.

Clearwater Beach isn't the quiet wonder that I find at Fernandina, but it's an acceptable west Florida coast place to visit. I especially prefer going across the bridge from CWB to Sand Key, where there are fewer hotels and more private homes.

Anyway, this is a place that I'd recommend to people who just want to relax on the beach and in the surf.

• Pros:Nice beach, gentle surf, lots of sunshine, good local eateries, less "scuz" than the Daytona-type venues
  • Cons:There are still too many people for my general tastes
  • In a nutshell:If you're on the west Florida coast and you want a beach, it's a good choice
  • Last visit to Clearwater Beach: Jul 2000
  • Intro Written May 11, 2003

• zanzooni's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2009 at 5:03 PM

I've lived in Clearwater twice. Funny, yesterday I was wishing I was still living there. Arlington pages really need an update. I'm recovering from a broken leg, and I hope to hit those streets soon. Lot's of great restaurants as well. ~

• Muya's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2005 at 6:21 AM

I also liked Clearwater beach when I was there a few years ago. Nice place !

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2004 at 3:20 PM

How's the bread in Clearwater?

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2004 at 10:07 PM

A sunny quiet beach and seafood - sounds like a great destination to me!

• Azhut's Profile Photo
    Feb 29, 2004 at 12:53 AM

Great page!

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2004 at 9:16 PM

Fresh seafood is always a drawcard fo rme.. Crabby Bills sounds different..lol Good restaurant tips.. Love those old classics.. perfect time to be there

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2003 at 11:08 AM

Great names for the seafood joints and cool travelogue.

• Malinduli's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2003 at 7:16 PM

I'm right here it's awesome !

• shpynka's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2003 at 12:53 PM

I feel exactly the same way about beaches in Florida, this one is a good choice... less the "scuz" :)

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2003 at 9:47 AM

Great page! Very helpful tips! We loved the gulf coast beaches! :-)

850prc

“Proud visitor to all seven continents! Presently giving thought to the eternal question.... where to next? ”

Badges & Stats in Clearwater Beach

Have you been to Clearwater Beach?