"Can you guess WHY they call it Marble, Colorado??" Marble by 850prc
Marble Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 8 photos
The small town of Marble, Colorado is hardly a hiccup on today's maps. But it represents a rock solid contribution to America's history.
A local marble quarry, now pretty much dormant due to economic reasons, produced some of the world's finest marble. Much of their product was shipped overseas to Italy, to be turned into fine statuary.
And, marble from Marble was used to build both the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier(s) and the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C.
Nice little town these days. Not many people, but lots of good will and pride. BTW, my mother and (step)father-in-law live nearby.
- Pros:A tiny little town with a great deal of historical interest
- Cons:Wayyyyyyyy out of the way
- In a nutshell:If you're in the neighborhood, it's worth an hour's visit
There is a tiny private grass field in Marble, Colorado. The runway itself is actually quite long, with an easily... more travel advice
The old mining town of Crystal, Colorado is only a few miles outside the small hamlet of Marble. However, in those few... more travel advice
850prc's Related Pages
Marble Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Can you guess WHY they call it Marble, Colorado??"
- "Home of my Mom's Dad's Dad -- Marble"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marble
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Marble?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marble
- Posted in Travel Oregon Forum "Re: The Northwest Oregon Coast -..."
- updated a Marble Travel Page "Can you guess WHY they call it Marble, Colorado??"
- Uploaded a Photo to "An airport in Marble......for EXPERIENCED pilots"
- Wrote a Review An airport in Marble......for EXPERIENCED pilots in Marble Transportation
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues