"Black Forest...... I used to live here!" Black Forest by 850prc
Black Forest Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 10 photos
As I was growing up, my father was in the US Air Force, serving as a hospital administrator. We lived all over the country, as well as one foreign assignment. (Bermuda)
My FAVORITE place we ever lived was Black Forest, Colorado. Back in 1966, the Forest was a sleepy western/rural hamlet of dirt roads and horse-loving residents, some 30 miles NE of the center of Colorado Springs. It was truly a throwback to simpler times.
Kids here rode horses instead of bicycles, for example. It was a great place to be a kid.
I enjoyed my return in June of 2004, even finding my old house. The people who now live there were very kind and even allowed me to photograph the interior of the home. Thanks Jack and Lonnie!
I was horrified at what has happened to Black Forest. Metro Colorado Springs is only about five miles away, with mile after mile of ugly tract housing gobbling up the empty plain. The Forest will fall within five years, which is sad. I'm glad I got one more look. I hope you enjoy my little page, too. Mostly, it's a slice of my boyhood. : )
- Pros:For me, very happy memories of a great boyhood home
- Cons:It's being quickly ruined by development.
- In a nutshell:It's too late for change, but Black Forest was a great home
Back in 1966-67, when I lived in the Black Forest, it was wayyyyy beyond Colorado Springs' city limit. There was a huge... more travel advice
Thirty years ago, I lived in the Black Forest. It was a great place to grow up and live as a kid. A close-knit community... more travel advice
850prc's Related Pages
Black Forest Travel Guide
- Hotels in Black Forest
- Shopping in Black Forest
- Warnings and Dangers in Black Forest
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Black Forest
- 5 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Black Forest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Black Forest
Photos in Black ForestSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues