"San Francisco, a true city of the world" San Francisco by 850prc
San Francisco Travel Guide: 9,131 reviews and 19,420 photos
San Francisco is home to many well-known geographic and architectural landmarks.
One of the more famous is the TransAmerica pyramid, still one of the more unique and beautiful skyscrapers in the world, some 35 years after its building.
The Fisherman's Wharf area is ripe with color and history. AND, if you're into a good seafood meal, you've come to the right part of town.
The large enclave of Chinatown is the largest of many ethnic and cultural neighborhoods within San Francisco and the northern Bay area.
Chinatown is an interesting and varied spot to visit. Depending on the shops you visit, you'll find junk or treasure, but you'll certainly find a good time.
If you're hungry, grab lunch somewhere, but if you really want a great Chinese dinner, leave Chinatown and proceed to the Mandarin Restuarant in the Ghiradelli Square area. One of THE best around!
- Pros:The absolute epitome of world cosmopolitan spirit, right here in the USA!
- Cons:It's definitely "out there".
- In a nutshell:Probably the most beautiful and interesting city in America.
This is far from an "OFF the beaten trail activity" in actuality. It's well-known that the vineyards within a hundred... more travel advice
Perhaps the most notorious prison in American history is Alcatraz, otherwise known of as "the Rock". Some of America's... more travel advice
850prc's Related Pages
San Francisco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bagdad by the Bay"
- "San Francisco - My Favorie City - By Default"
- "San Francisco - "It's a free-for-all up there!""
- "SFO ... a declassé love letter to the CITY"
- "San Francisco: Why this heart never leaves"
- "I Left My Heart..."
- "San Francisco is Really Shaking Things Up!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Francisco
- Hotels in San Francisco
- Transportation in San Francisco
- Nightlife in San Francisco
- Restaurants in San Francisco
- Shopping in San Francisco
- Warnings and Dangers in San Francisco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Francisco
- 4 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Francisco
- Posted in Travel Oregon Forum "Re: The Northwest Oregon Coast -..."
- Commented on one of Lhenne1's San Francisco travel pages
- Wrote a Review Head out into wine country about Food & Drink in San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Head out into wine country"
- updated a San Francisco Travelogue "A Great Place in a Great City....the Mansion Hotel"
Photos in San FranciscoSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues