Peggy's Cove Things to Do Tips by 850prc Top 5 Page for this destination
Peggy's Cove Things to Do: 27 reviews and 43 photos
Peggy's Cove scenic, a special shot
If you are reading VT, then you're probably like me... you enjoy travel and you're seldom caught without your camera.
As we left for Atlantic Canada, I certainly had certain photo images in my mind, shots that I hoped I could find and record. Peggy's Cove is the sort of place you might find your maritimes image, the one you really want to show off. You may have to work around tourists here and there, but patience is rewarded with spectacular imagery.
Look at my simple shot of an anchored boat just beyond a small private pier, taken off the south coast at Peggy's Cove.
Houses along the coast at Peggy's Cove, NS
Most people make the drive out to Peggy's Cove to see the famous lighthouse. And as you've read in my tip, it's the reason WE went, too.
But, don't forget.... Peggy's Cove is a charming little village, too. It's a nice place to walk around for half an hour or so. There are shops, little restaurants and even some local craft vendors. And of course, get out your camera. I read where Peggy's Cove - the village - is also one of Canada's most-photographed. The whole of Peggy's Cove has "charming maritimes scene" written all over it.
Another photo of Canada's most-photographed.
The lighthouse at Peggy's Cove is the most-photographed in Canada. This beautiful white and red maritime sentinel has guided sailors and guarded the coastline for years and years. Additionally, it hosts a small Canada Post office on its first floor.
Sure, there are many more secluded lighthouses and villages to check out in Nova Scotia. The hidden gem at Cape D'or comes to mind. But if you are anywhere nearby, you really do need to check out this iconic octagon.
Address: Peggy's Cove, NS
Directions: Just turn off highway 333, some 50 km SW of Halifax. Follow the signs to Peggy's Cove. Find a place to park and walk to the "end of town".
More Reviews (3)
850prc's Related Pages
Peggy's Cove Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Peggy's Cove - Canada's Most Famous Lighthouse"
- "PICTURESQUE PEGGY'S COVE"
- "In spite of the tourists, a DEFINITE visit!"
- "PEGGY's COVE"
- "How Peggy came to Peggy's Cove"
- "Peggys Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada"
- "Peggy' Cove"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Peggy's Cove
- Hotels in Peggy's Cove
- Transportation in Peggy's Cove
- Restaurants in Peggy's Cove
- Shopping in Peggy's Cove
- Warnings and Dangers in Peggy's Cove
- See All...
Explore the World
- Zaanse Schans
- Negovan Hotels
- Río Bijao Hotels
- Krettnich Hotels
- Vorderriß Hotels
Badges & Stats in Peggy's Cove
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Peggy's Cove?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Peggy's Cove
- Posted in Travel Oregon Forum "Re: The Northwest Oregon Coast -..."
- updated a Peggy's Cove Travel Page "In spite of the tourists, a DEFINITE visit!"
- Wrote a Review Perhaps THE town to get your maritimes image in Peggy's Cove Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Perhaps THE town to get your maritimes image"
Photos in Peggy's CoveSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues