"A Cozy Suburb on the northern side of Brisbane" Scarborough by 850prc
Scarborough Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 11 photos
Our visit to the Brisbane area was for one reason and one reason only...no disrepect being meant to the fine folks of Brizzie and Queensland. My daughter wanted to visit Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo in Beerwah. Please see my Beerwah page for chronicles of that visit.
But, we wanted to find a place "between" Brisbane and Beerwah that would allow easy access to the zoo, and yet not be toooo far away from the Brisbane International airport, from which we'd be departing for home. After zipping all over the internet for b&bs, we chose Scarborough...and it was a wonderful choice.
A nice little residential area just off Moreton Bay, it was perfect peace and quiet to wind down after a busy three weeks in Oz. There were several nice local eateries just down a block or two from our b&b, and we couldn't have enjoyed our days of "doing nothing" in Scarborough anymore.
Most of what I have from our stay are just a few nice photos, so enjoy. And if you are going to Aussie Zoo and are looking for the same access to both Brisbane and Beerwah that we were, please do take advantage of the B&B tip on this page. An excellent choice.
This quiet road ran along Moreton Bay, and is located about 2 blocks from the Sunset Bed and Breakfast, where we stayed. Maybe 0.5 km down this road was a small harbor/yacht club. There are several good local seafood places there where one can get a fresh barrundi steak and a bit of Aussie beer or wine.
We visited Australia in their winter, June and July. However, Queensland is much like our home in Florida... a splendid sub-tropical paradise. Even in the dead of winter, bushes are exploding with color in this pleasant part of Australia.
The accompanying photo was taken in the "yard" of the Sunset Bed and Breakfast, where we stayed in Scarborough.
- Pros:The good life in suburbia, Australia-style
- Cons:It's not really a vacation place, if that's what you wanted
- In a nutshell:Everything we'd hoped. A very pleasant place to spend a couple of days.
850prc's Related Pages
Scarborough Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Cozy Suburb on the northern side of Brisbane"
- "Scarborough on Sea"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scarborough
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Scarborough?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scarborough
Photos in ScarboroughSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues