"Tambopata, a pristine Peruvian rainforest" Top 5 Page for this destination Tambopata by 850prc
Tambopata Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 78 photos
In southeastern Peru lies the Tambopata/Madre del Dios river system(s). This is an outstanding and pristine area of uninhabited rainforest wildnerness, home to millions of macaws and parrots, as well as many other rare jungle animals. A visit to the Tambopata is the eco trip of a lifetime.
The major, and really ONLY, public transportation in the Tambopata River region are motorized canoes, which make runs up and down the river. They carry travellers and supplies for the lodges, research stations and farmers who live along this beautiful and unspoiled river.
The Tambopata Research Center, known of as the TRC, is a small bamboo hostelry deep in the Tambopata rainforest. There are a total of 13 rooms, and they share 4 showers and bathrooms.
If you've ever wanted to star in "Gilligan's Island", but didn't want to hang around long enough for re-runs, THIS is the place to visit.
Yes, your eyes do not deceive you.....one side of each room is completely open to the jungle. The only animal visitor we had during a total of 5 nights' visit was a bat.
For more information, contact Rainforest Expeditions at www.perunature.com. Ask for Luis Zapatur.
The Posada Amazonas is a wonderful jungle abode, featuring outstanding (for the rainforest) comfort and service, coupled... more travel advice
If you visit the Peruvian rainforest of the Tambopata River area, you MUST get up early and visit the "clay lick" near... more travel advice
850prc's Related Pages
Tambopata Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tambopata and Madre de Dios"
- "Tambopata, a pristine Peruvian rainforest"
- "Into the Amazon"
- "The call of the jungle"
- "Amazon Experience 2001"
- "Ecotourism at its best"
- "Tambopata- Refugio Amazonas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tambopata
- Hotels in Tambopata
- Transportation in Tambopata
- Nightlife in Tambopata
- Restaurants in Tambopata
- Warnings and Dangers in Tambopata
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tambopata
- 4 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Tambopata?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tambopata
Photos in TambopataSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues