"Ibarra, northern Ecuador's "White City"" Ibarra by 850prc
Ibarra Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 7 photos
Ibarra is known of as the "white city", partially because the city seems to glow white when viewed from a distance. One of the reasons is all of the old colonial stone buildings that make up the core of this friendly city.
Blend the beautiful historic buildings with an ice-blue sky and blooming jacaranda trees....and you'll severly challenge your trusty 35 mm camera.
Spend the day walking around, and then retire to a gentle hosteria for an evening of cold beer and tasty dishes.
- Pros:History, charm and a friendly nature
- Cons:It's pretty much off the beaten trail. You have to GO to Ibarra, you don't accidently show up.
- In a nutshell:A colonial gem, representing the best of Ecuador
There isn't any ONE shop that I'm recommending. However, Ibarra IS an excellent place to get carved wooden items of... more travel advice
850prc's Related Pages
Ibarra Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Ibarra
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Ibarra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ibarra
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues