Buenos Aires Transportation Tips by 850prc
Buenos Aires Transportation: 276 reviews and 260 photos
The early AM "crowd" at Newbery
Please see my previous EZE airport tip for more information.
In general, BA has two airports. Jorge Newbery Aeroparque is the smaller domestic airport, and it's within the city of Buenos Aires. Most domestic flights within the country depart from here.
Newbery is a simple airport to deal with, and if you're arriving or departing at odd hours, you might feel almost lonely. We left on an early AM (0600) flight, and very few people were in the terminal. It does, however, get much more hectic during the day. (see my 2nd photo below, a shot of my daughter in the crowd waiting to depart the aeroparque by remise.... it took Karina a while to get the Citroen up to pick up our luggage)
Always be sure of which airport your flight arrives and departs from. And if you are flying into Newbery from somewhere else in Argentina, and have an international departure planned on the same day from EZE, you'd best put plenty of time between arrival at Newbery and departure from EZE. It's a good idea to have transportation and transfers pre-planned or booked. (see my recommendation for SilverStar Car service for a good option)
Phone: (54 11) 5480 6111
The main passenger hall at Ezeiza/Pistarini
Buenos Aires has two airports. One is the large international airport, known in airline terminology as EZE or Ezeiza. It's also called Pistarini. If you are arriving in Argentina from most stops abroad (other than a few South American destinations), your flight will certainly land at EZE.
If you are going into BA, you'll need a taxi or private remise - or maybe a shuttle bus, all are available.
But more importantly, if you have a connecting domestic flight to another destination within Argentina, you're probably going to have to go over to the Newbery Aeroparque within the city. This transfer can take easily 1-2 hours (maybe more) depending on traffic. I would personally NEVER book an continuing flight with less than about five hours between it and my EZE arrival, too many things can go wrong.
Always be sure to confirm exactly where you are flying out of or into Buenos Aires on domestic flights, a FEW of them actually leave or arrive at EZE. Be sure or be in a mess. :)
Karina loading the Citroen C4 at Newbery
There are a plethora of private car services (private remises) available for moving in and around Buenos Aires. Often, their services are needed for airport to airport transfers, if you're passing through BA and onto a domestic flight. The international airport (Pistarini/Ezeiza) is a substantial distance outside the city, and the domestic airport (Newbery Aeroparque) is well within the confines of Buenos Aires. Timewise and depending on the traffic, you could be talking a transfer time of 1-2 hours, or more.
We were VERY happy with our private remise service, SilverStar Car Service. They are reliable, punctual, and incredibly helpful. This is a small service run by a husband and wife team (Fred and Karina Badagnani). You'll either be picked up with Karina's high-end Citroen C4, or in Fred's "iconic in BA" Lincoln Town Car. Fred is American and Karina is Argentinian, so helping travelers in English is a specialty. These folks will take excellent care of you, whether you need an airport transfer, town car services, or even a local guided tour. Karina basically gave us free guided tours both times we rode with her - very informative.
Down below, I'll list the website, as well as Fred's personal email address. Be sure to tell him that Pete from Florida sent you his way.
Here is all of their contact info:
US Phone: 214.502.1605 (if calling from the USA)
Cell Phone: 15.6826.8876 (Fred's cell inside Argentina)
Cell calls from outside Argentina 011.54.911.6826.8876
Fred's direct email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Contact: 15 6826 8876 (Fred's contact num
Phone: +54 911 6826 8876 (from abroad)
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (5)
850prc's Related Pages
Buenos Aires Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buenos Aires, a city I really LOVE!"
- "Buenos Aires 2004"
- "Mi Buenos aires Querido..."
- "Buenos Aires the local way!"
- "My Home Away from Home"
- "BUENOS AIRES - I AM ALWAYS BACK!!!!!"
- "Buenos Aires - it's great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buenos Aires
- Hotels in Buenos Aires
- Transportation in Buenos Aires
- Nightlife in Buenos Aires
- Restaurants in Buenos Aires
- Shopping in Buenos Aires
- Warnings and Dangers in Buenos Aires
- See All...
Explore the World
- Treasure Island Hotels
- San Luis Reservoir State Recreation Area Hotels
- Gettysburg Hotels
- Ramnagar Hotels
- De Panne
Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires
- 8 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buenos Aires
- Posted in Travel Oregon Forum "Re: The Northwest Oregon Coast -..."
- Wrote a Review US, UK, Canada or Australia? It'll cost you more. in Buenos Aires Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "US, UK, Canada or Australia? It'll cost you more."
- created a Buenos Aires Travel Page "I only had a couple of days...."
- Commented on one of spidermiss's Buenos Aires travel pages
Photos in Buenos AiresSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (164)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Buenos Aires hotel reviews
- Park Elegance Kempinski Hotel
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 9, 2013
- Hotel Sheltown
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2012
- Marriott Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires
- 516 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2013
- Four Seasons Buenos Aires
- 365 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 28, 2013
- Wilton Hotel Buenos Aires
- 123 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 10, 2013
- The Cocker
- 109 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 11, 2013
- Sheraton Libertador Hotel
- 299 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2013
- Alvear Palace
- 279 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 3, 2013
- Hotel Globales Republica Wellness & Spa
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 30, 2013
- Kempinski Park Central Hotel Buenos Aires
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 30, 2013
- InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires
- 248 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- 263 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 31, 2013
- Kempinski Chateau Park Plaza Hotel
- 87 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Art Hotel - Hotel De Charme
- 257 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Tulip Inn Principado Hotel
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 28, 2012
- La Boca- 122 Reviews, 221 Photos
- Recoleta- 157 Reviews, 230 Photos
- San Telmo- 136 Reviews, 201 Photos
- Plaza de Mayo- 136 Reviews, 202 Photos
- Recoleta - Cementerio de la Recoleta- 44 Reviews, 132 Photos
- Puerto Madero and Catalina's- 67 Reviews, 117 Photos
- Tango- 49 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Florida Street- 44 Reviews, 60 Photos
- El Obelisco- 53 Reviews, 67 Photos
- 9 de Julio Avenue- 48 Reviews, 83 Photos
See All Buenos Aires Things to Do