Buenos Aires Hotel Tips by 850prc
Buenos Aires Hotels: 42,279 reviews and 365 photos
A second floor public sitting parlor
We were looking for a place to stay in Buenos Aires that would offer safe and easy options to explore on foot. BA is a world city, and it's a place that you can absolutely drop $800 a night for a hotel room if you want. We didn't "want". We zeroed in on this property because it was in Recoleta, one of the more fashionable parts of the city, and it was a 19th century mansion that had been converted into a hotel. We assumed - and were right - that we'd enjoy the historic gradeur.
What we didn't realize when we made the reservation was how VERY helpful and accommodating the hotel staff would be. The hotel is described (on their website) as being a boutique hotel, which to me can sometimes equal a bit of uppity attitude from the staff. Not so at the Marseilles des Anges.
I began an email correspondence with a fellow named Matías Turiaci, and it proved to be both valuable and pleasant. This fellow will answer all your questions, and gives excellent advice on all matters involving the traveller. I highly recommend that you specifically email him if you choose to make reservations with the Marseille des Anges. (see below for email addy)
Unique Qualities: The qualities themselves aren't unique - they are abundantly available throughout BA. Comfort, Quiet, Convenience, Friendly Staff. What IS unique is finding such an excellent hotel at a bargain price of approximately US$145 per night in the heart of toney Recoleta. The location is incredible, a quiet side street a couple of blocks from the grand 9th of July Avenue. (about 16 lanes)
Address: Arenales 1392 / 4, Buenos Aires, C1061AAN, Argentina
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: I couldn't begin to tell you how to find the place, but suffice to say - it's in Recoleta, on a quiet street about 2 blocks from the grand Avenue 9th of July. It's within easy walking distance (maybe 8 blocks) of famous Recoleta Cemetary.
Other Contact: (Matias at) reservas@marseillede
Phone: (011) 5219-2526 or 2528 (fax)
More Reviews (7)
850prc's Related Pages
Buenos Aires Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buenos Aires, a city I really LOVE!"
- "Buenos Aires 2004"
- "Mi Buenos aires Querido..."
- "Buenos Aires the local way!"
- "My Home Away from Home"
- "BUENOS AIRES - I AM ALWAYS BACK!!!!!"
- "Buenos Aires - it's great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buenos Aires
- Hotels in Buenos Aires
- Transportation in Buenos Aires
- Nightlife in Buenos Aires
- Restaurants in Buenos Aires
- Shopping in Buenos Aires
- Warnings and Dangers in Buenos Aires
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires
- 8 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buenos Aires
- Posted in Travel Oregon Forum "Re: The Northwest Oregon Coast -..."
- Wrote a Review US, UK, Canada or Australia? It'll cost you more. in Buenos Aires Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "We ALL scream for ICE CREAM"
- created a Buenos Aires Travel Page "I only had a couple of days...."
- Commented on one of spidermiss's Buenos Aires travel pages
Photos in Buenos AiresSee All Photos (15)
Read real reviews about Buenos Aires Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- La Boca District- 103 Reviews, 203 Photos
- Recoleta Cemetery - Cementerio de la Recoleta- 97 Reviews, 235 Photos
- San Telmo- 83 Reviews, 120 Photos
- Plaza De Mayo- 72 Reviews, 122 Photos
- 9 de Julio Avenue- 48 Reviews, 88 Photos
- Recoleta Distict- 79 Reviews, 98 Photos
- Obelisco - Obelisk- 51 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Tango- 58 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Daytrip -Tigre- 18 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Puerto Madero District- 53 Reviews, 97 Photos
See All Buenos Aires Things to Do