Buenos Aires Hotel Tips by 850prc
Buenos Aires Hotels: 30,661 reviews and 369 photos
A second floor public sitting parlor
We were looking for a place to stay in Buenos Aires that would offer safe and easy options to explore on foot. BA is a world city, and it's a place that you can absolutely drop $800 a night for a hotel room if you want. We didn't "want". We zeroed in on this property because it was in Recoleta, one of the more fashionable parts of the city, and it was a 19th century mansion that had been converted into a hotel. We assumed - and were right - that we'd enjoy the historic gradeur.
What we didn't realize when we made the reservation was how VERY helpful and accommodating the hotel staff would be. The hotel is described (on their website) as being a boutique hotel, which to me can sometimes equal a bit of uppity attitude from the staff. Not so at the Marseilles des Anges.
I began an email correspondence with a fellow named Matías Turiaci, and it proved to be both valuable and pleasant. This fellow will answer all your questions, and gives excellent advice on all matters involving the traveller. I highly recommend that you specifically email him if you choose to make reservations with the Marseille des Anges. (see below for email addy)
Unique Qualities: The qualities themselves aren't unique - they are abundantly available throughout BA. Comfort, Quiet, Convenience, Friendly Staff. What IS unique is finding such an excellent hotel at a bargain price of approximately US$145 per night in the heart of toney Recoleta. The location is incredible, a quiet side street a couple of blocks from the grand 9th of July Avenue. (about 16 lanes)
Address: Arenales 1392 / 4, Buenos Aires, C1061AAN, Argentina
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: I couldn't begin to tell you how to find the place, but suffice to say - it's in Recoleta, on a quiet street about 2 blocks from the grand Avenue 9th of July. It's within easy walking distance (maybe 8 blocks) of famous Recoleta Cemetary.
Other Contact: (Matias at) reservas@marseillede
Phone: (011) 5219-2526 or 2528 (fax)
More Reviews (7)
850prc's Related Pages
Buenos Aires Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buenos Aires, a city I really LOVE!"
- "Buenos Aires 2004"
- "Mi Buenos aires Querido..."
- "Buenos Aires the local way!"
- "My Home Away from Home"
- "BUENOS AIRES - I AM ALWAYS BACK!!!!!"
- "Buenos Aires - it's great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buenos Aires
- Hotels in Buenos Aires
- Transportation in Buenos Aires
- Nightlife in Buenos Aires
- Restaurants in Buenos Aires
- Shopping in Buenos Aires
- Warnings and Dangers in Buenos Aires
- See All...
Explore the World
- Austria Classic Hotel Nordbahn
- Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa
- San Juan Marriott Resort and Stellaris Casino
- The Springs Resort & Spa
- Subic Holiday Villas
- Waikiki Shore
- Honua Kai Resort & Spa
- Hotel Vila Gale Fortaleza
- Holiday Inn Express Suites San Marcos
- Ramada Los Angeles-Inglewood
- Grant Village Lodge
- Coliseum Inn
- The Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman
- Matai Lodge
Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires
- 8 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buenos Aires
- Posted in Travel Oregon Forum "Re: The Northwest Oregon Coast -..."
- Wrote a Review US, UK, Canada or Australia? It'll cost you more. in Buenos Aires Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "US, UK, Canada or Australia? It'll cost you more."
- created a Buenos Aires Travel Page "I only had a couple of days...."
- Commented on one of spidermiss's Buenos Aires travel pages
Photos in Buenos AiresSee All Photos (15)
Read real reviews about Buenos Aires Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (164)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Buenos Aires hotel reviews
- Park Elegance Kempinski Hotel
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 9, 2013
- Hotel Sheltown
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Marriott Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires
- 553 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Hotel Globales Republica Wellness & Spa
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2013
- Four Seasons Buenos Aires
- 400 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Kempinski Park Central Hotel Buenos Aires
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Kempinski Chateau Park Plaza Hotel
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- The Cocker
- 118 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Golden Tulip Savoy
- 135 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Etoile Hotel
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Loi Suites Esmeralda Hotel
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 6, 2013
- Panamericano Buenos Aires Hotel
- 119 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- El Conquistador Hotel
- 67 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Castelar Hotel And Spa
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Hotel Ibis Buenos Aires Obelisco
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- La Boca- 122 Reviews, 221 Photos
- San Telmo- 136 Reviews, 201 Photos
- Recoleta- 157 Reviews, 230 Photos
- Plaza de Mayo- 136 Reviews, 202 Photos
- Recoleta - Cementerio de la Recoleta- 44 Reviews, 132 Photos
- Florida Street- 44 Reviews, 60 Photos
- El Obelisco- 53 Reviews, 67 Photos
- 9 de Julio Avenue- 47 Reviews, 83 Photos
- Puerto Madero and Catalina's- 67 Reviews, 117 Photos
- Tango- 49 Reviews, 64 Photos
See All Buenos Aires Things to Do