"Fulfilling a Promise Made 28 Years Earlier" Agra by 850prc
Agra Travel Guide: 1,111 reviews and 3,640 photos
I love photography and am an old-school guy. For me, classic black and white has a timeless quality. Let's open our visit to Agra with THE timeless image the world has of the magnificent Taj Mahal.
My wife told me many years ago - before we married actually - that it had always been her dream to see the Taj Mahal. At the time, she'd never been on an airplane, and had never been outside of three states, Alabama, Georgia and Florida. I made up my mind on that day that Bonnie would one day see the Taj Mahal and that I'd make it happen.
As it turns out, we viewed the Taj one day after our 28th wedding anniversary, which was October 4th, 2008. Logistics made it impossible to be at the Taj ON our anniversary, but being there the day after was still perfect. The night before, in New Delhi, we'd been surprised with a lovely and scrumptious chocolate cake celebrating our wedding anniversary, courtesy of Mr. Navin Pandey and Gatik Eventures, the company with which I contracted for driver and city guide services. Gatik and Navin are a class organization, and I hope you do see my specific tip regarding them on my India page. This extra little kindness on our special day just shows you how personal and connected Gatik Eventures and my friend Navin Pandey are.
So, the night before, we enjoyed Navin's gift chocolate cake, and the next day - it was a dream come true, a visit to the Taj Mahal.
We expected so very much from our visit to the Taj. And yet, we were still overwhelmed by its grace and perfection. Don't EVER let someone tell you visiting the Taj is just a tourist thing. We will never forget our visit to this beautiful place, on a special day of celebration for us, our 28th anniversary.
- Pros:Seeing the Taj is worth a 10,000 mile trip in itself
- Cons:Agra is a tourist town. That means a few extra touts following you around.
- In a nutshell:The Taj... you know exactly how it looks, and yet it still takes your breath away.
After you've visited Agra Fort, maybe the Baby Taj and (of course), the Taj Mahal, you'll understand one thing. Agra =... more travel advice
OK, Agra has two United Nations "World Heritage Sites". Name them. The Taj Mahal is easy, but the second one is Agra... more travel advice
850prc's Related Pages
Agra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Agra"
- "World of the Wonders"
- "Another Agra"
- "Agra - City of Taj Mahal and Agra Fort"
- "Red Fort"
- ">> eternal love of TAJ "
- See All...
- Things to Do in Agra
- Hotels in Agra
- Transportation in Agra
- Nightlife in Agra
- Restaurants in Agra
- Shopping in Agra
- Warnings and Dangers in Agra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Agra
- 14 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Agra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Agra
- Posted in Travel Oregon Forum "Re: The Northwest Oregon Coast -..."
- Commented on one of Tracyden's Agra travel pages
- updated a Agra Travel Page "Fulfilling a Promise Made 28 Years Earlier"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Taj Mahal - more photographic glory"
- Wrote a Review Marble Inlay, Jewelry & Handicrafts in Agra Shopping
Photos in AgraSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues