Jaipur Hotel Tips by 850prc Top 5 Page for this destination

Jaipur Hotels: 34,592 reviews and 225 photos

Our suite at the Alsisar Haveli, Jaipur - Jaipur

Our suite at the Alsisar Haveli, Jaipur

Alsisar Haveli: Historical Raj digs in the center of Jaipur Alsisar Haveli Review

The city of Jaipur has several haveli options, some of them in the super luxury category. (The Samode Haveli, for example) We chose the centrally-located Alsisar Haveli for to be our residence while in the Pink City. The Alsisar is one of the flagship properties of the Indian Heritage Hotels assocation. This is an old raj mansion that has been restored as a classy and period hotel. If you like gigantic rooms, lots of Raj style furnishings and decorations, and having a hallway that literally looks as if you're heading into the Tales of Aladdin, then the Alsisar is for you.

Early in the process of booking our trip, I made "friend" with the reservations manager at the Alsisar, a pleasant fellow named "Shafeeq". Shafeeq and I exchanged several emails in the process of setting our reservation, and we even had a few phone calls. When I arrived in Jaipur, I made it a point of asking for him. It was amazing, until he realized who I was, he was simply an efficient and focused hotel manager. When he suddenly realized that I was "Pete from America", he broke into a huge smile and then made sure we got THE best room they had available in the hotel, a definite upgrade. So, the lesson here is be personal in your dealings with hotels, you'll make new friends and have a great trip.

Unique Qualities: The Alsisar is so much like many other hotels in Jaipur in that it really "sneaks" up on you. When you're driving down the street, you just see a wall and several little shops. There is a tiny sign pointing back through an ornate, but not grandiose, gate. That's the portal to the Alsisar, and once you go onto the grounds, you're in another world - a world of past Indian royalty.

The rooms are beautifully furnished, perhaps a little "over the top" but... when I go half way around the world, I want DIFFERENT. ;) Ours was huge, and actually overlooked the grand dining room down below. (Curtains and doors over the windows keeps the room private) There is a terrifc pool on-site, and a small and pleasing garden area. There's also a small Hindu shrine near the front gate.

Bottom line.... the atmosphere of this place. It's so very Raj and you'll enjoy yourselves a great deal. And before you worry that it may be tooooo alien, you still have the modern stuff around. We spent one morning watching some of the Boston Red Sox - Tampa Bay Rays baseball playoff game, which was being played back home in America, literally the night before. We even called my son to tell him that we'd just seen a decisive home run being hit.

Address: SANSAR CHANDRA ROAD, Jaipur, IN 302 001

Comparison: more expensive than average

Other Contact: Fax +91 (0141) 2364652

Phone: +91 (0141) 2368290

Price: US$40-80

Theme: Hotel

Website: http://www.alsisar.com (and email to alsisar@alsisar.com)

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Dec 29, 2008

850prc

“Proud visitor to all seven continents! Presently giving thought to the eternal question.... where to next? ”

Badges & Stats in Jaipur

Have you been to Jaipur?

Visiting Jaipur?
Read real reviews about Jaipur Hotels!

Top 10 Jaipur Things to Do