Jaipur Hotel Tips by 850prc Top 5 Page for this destination
Jaipur Hotels: 47,858 reviews and 235 photos
Our suite at the Alsisar Haveli, Jaipur
The city of Jaipur has several haveli options, some of them in the super luxury category. (The Samode Haveli, for example) We chose the centrally-located Alsisar Haveli for to be our residence while in the Pink City. The Alsisar is one of the flagship properties of the Indian Heritage Hotels assocation. This is an old raj mansion that has been restored as a classy and period hotel. If you like gigantic rooms, lots of Raj style furnishings and decorations, and having a hallway that literally looks as if you're heading into the Tales of Aladdin, then the Alsisar is for you.
Early in the process of booking our trip, I made "friend" with the reservations manager at the Alsisar, a pleasant fellow named "Shafeeq". Shafeeq and I exchanged several emails in the process of setting our reservation, and we even had a few phone calls. When I arrived in Jaipur, I made it a point of asking for him. It was amazing, until he realized who I was, he was simply an efficient and focused hotel manager. When he suddenly realized that I was "Pete from America", he broke into a huge smile and then made sure we got THE best room they had available in the hotel, a definite upgrade. So, the lesson here is be personal in your dealings with hotels, you'll make new friends and have a great trip.
Unique Qualities: The Alsisar is so much like many other hotels in Jaipur in that it really "sneaks" up on you. When you're driving down the street, you just see a wall and several little shops. There is a tiny sign pointing back through an ornate, but not grandiose, gate. That's the portal to the Alsisar, and once you go onto the grounds, you're in another world - a world of past Indian royalty.
The rooms are beautifully furnished, perhaps a little "over the top" but... when I go half way around the world, I want DIFFERENT. ;) Ours was huge, and actually overlooked the grand dining room down below. (Curtains and doors over the windows keeps the room private) There is a terrifc pool on-site, and a small and pleasing garden area. There's also a small Hindu shrine near the front gate.
Bottom line.... the atmosphere of this place. It's so very Raj and you'll enjoy yourselves a great deal. And before you worry that it may be tooooo alien, you still have the modern stuff around. We spent one morning watching some of the Boston Red Sox - Tampa Bay Rays baseball playoff game, which was being played back home in America, literally the night before. We even called my son to tell him that we'd just seen a decisive home run being hit.
Address: SANSAR CHANDRA ROAD, Jaipur, IN 302 001
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Other Contact: Fax +91 (0141) 2364652
Phone: +91 (0141) 2368290
More Reviews (25)
850prc's Related Pages
Jaipur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Jaipur"
- "Jaipur, the pink city of Rajasthan"
- "The Pink City, Rajasthan's sunny capital"
- "Jaipur-The City of Palaces,Forts&Gardens"
- "Jaipur: The Capital of Rajputana !"
- "Jaipur - The Pink City"
- "Jaipur जयपुर"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jaipur
- Hotels in Jaipur
- Transportation in Jaipur
- Nightlife in Jaipur
- Restaurants in Jaipur
- Shopping in Jaipur
- Warnings and Dangers in Jaipur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jaipur
- 26 Reviews
- 76 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Jaipur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jaipur
- Posted in Travel Oregon Forum "Re: The Northwest Oregon Coast -..."
- Commented on one of chizz's Jaipur travel pages
- Wrote a Review Amber Palace IX - The Diwan-i-Am in Jaipur Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Amber Palace IX - The Diwan-i-Am"
- updated a Jaipur Travel Page "The Pink City, Rajasthan's sunny capital"
Photos in JaipurSee All Photos (76)
Read real reviews about Jaipur Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (164)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Amber Fort- 111 Reviews, 302 Photos
- Hawa Mahal- 53 Reviews, 120 Photos
- City Palace- 93 Reviews, 225 Photos
- Jai Mahal - lake palace- 21 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Jantar Mantar- 50 Reviews, 112 Photos
- Jaigarh fort- 26 Reviews, 75 Photos
- Nahargarh or Tigerfort- 17 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Choki Dhani - Ethnic resort- 8 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Monkey Temple- 8 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Museums- 13 Reviews, 24 Photos
See All Jaipur Things to Do