"Bliss...." Top 5 Page for this destination San Sebastián by Jackofhearts

San Sebastián Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 29 photos

When I close my eyes and picture a beach, a panorama of San Sebastian appears in my mind's eye. It is perfect.
After driving through the Spanish mountains overnight from Barcelona, some friends and I arrived in San Sebastian just before dawn. We parked our car, walked out onto the sporting beach (there are two beaches classified by activity) and thought about how we were the luckiest people on earth. The Sun rose and acknowleged us with a vision of heaven. Unfortunately, I don't have many tips to offer about the town as we just chilled on the beach and kept driving to more secluded playas and smaller towns, but my advice is to go check it out. If you don't like the hustle and bustle of San Sebastian, keep driving West along the coast. Not only is the scenery perfect, but you'll find many quaint towns and other less populated beaches. The town of Leketio is about half-hour drive west of San Sebastian and has a beautiful beach that connects to an incredible island by a black stone wall. We camped on the island and it was an experience I will cherish for the rest of my life. Road trip baby.

• Last visit to San Sebastián: Jun 2002
  • Intro Updated Oct 24, 2005

Comments

Jackofhearts

“It is all about the mission”

Badges & Stats in San Sebastián

Have you been to San Sebastián?

Latest Activity in San Sebastián