"Each day is a new begining" gcmm's Profile
These are our two other babies Belle(boxer) and Pixie the papilon
We all tend not to look at our home town as a tourist spot, but we all should, so I will be building a page on the North East, "" The Quite Corner..""
Other pages will be coming soon, scanning in old pictures takes time...
Snowing at home again. Well it makes going on vacation nice.......
Our town is a small town , 10,000 or so.
We do have lots of things close by and still be able to live in the country...
The north east is a great place to live ......
An old saying in New England is "" if you don't like the weather wait a minute """"
Living in North East Connecticut is fantastic. There are many things to do and see all within a few hours drive if you wish.From N.Y City,New Hampshire/Vermont/ Maine,R.I and Mass...
The absolute best time in my opinion is Sept-Oct... The leaves are starting to turn and the tempiture is great. The local fairs go into full swing, hiking and sports all start going at this time..
We have a lot to offer travelers in this area, so please if you get a chance to visit or arre thinking about a trip this way just drop me a note and I will be glad to help all I can, Since I have lived in New England all my life....
There are so many things to do close by. Pick a season and there will be some thing for everyone,Example:
Ice skating,sleding,carriage rides,skiing,winter light festivals,
swiming,camping,hiking,all sports,site seeing
Fairs,foliage,more camping ,hiking,fairs
Museums, historic sites,Casinos sporting events,and much more...
I will try to cover all of the spots and things to do and see along with web sites for you...
Places to Seein Ct and Close By.
Fox wood & Mohegan Casinos
Essex Train Station museum
Many State Parks
Battle ship Cove,Fall River
KIng Richards Fair
And The List Go's On....
We love to travel, just seeing how other people live and what every country or place has to offer...We have seen and met some beautiful people and places, much more to come...
We all have our own travel style, ours is no different.. We tend to go to a certin place twice, the first time to see what is there and to experiance it , and the second to really enjoy it all over again..
there are some placs we could go back to again and again, and there have been a few that once was plenty..Iwish we had pictures from most of them, still trying to find them and than the process of scanning...
Here are some of our travels: The twice visited:
And Some Of the Others local and far .
Margarit Island,Grand Canyon,Colorado Springs,Las Vegas,Houston
San Diego,Atlanta,Tokyo,Japan,Hong Kong,Tiawan,Alaska,Salem.Ma,Rockport.Ma
Cape Cod,Thousand Islands
New Hampshire(Many Times)
And Many More Week end trips...
While we are the quite corner there is still alot to do...
Late summer and early fall is fair time...We have some very old fairs and they keep getting bigger every year,some times that is not good...
The Woodstock fair has alot to offer every labor day weekend.I've been going there since i was a small child and still to this day enjoy walking around,having fun, seeing friends..
There are many fairs during this time of year, the largest is the "BIG E" in springfield Ma... It runs for 17days and is very large...
If your in the area or planning a trip check out one of the local fairs, they all have something to offer and just plane fun....
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 153 Reviews
- 366 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- gcmm and StephieG are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Costa rica vs Belize in Costa Rica Favorites
- Posted in Travel Costa Rica Forum "Re: Costa Rica or Belize"
- Commented on Etoile2B's profile page
- updated a Orlando Travel Page "Disney and Universal Studios"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Disney and Universal Studios"
updated their Profile Page "Each day is a new begining"
Top 10 Pages
- Orlando Intro, 38 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 31 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 25 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Margarita Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bermuda Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Connecticut Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- New York State Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tambor Intro, 3 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Massachusetts Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Putnam Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22160 Reviews - 53864 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15525 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4448 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4270 Reviews - 8783 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19444 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos