"Perth is laidback and beautiful" Perth by coolbananas
Perth Travel Guide: 2,300 reviews and 4,852 photos
The first thing that's strikes you when you have a look at the map, is how remote Perth is. The closest big city is Adelaide, almost 3000 km to the east.
Despite the fact that there's not much city life around Perth, there's plenty of good stuff. First of all there's the incredible weather: it's the sunniest city in Oz. In summer it can get quite hot (up to 40 degrees Celsius) but fortunately Perth is teeming with great beaches.
There's Scarborugh, Cottesloe, Fremantle and many others. Good waves for surfers and calm oceans for family entertainment are both present.
At night there are a couple of good spots for entertainment: Northbridge (with heaps of good bars and clubs, especially for backpackers), Subiacco, Fremantle and Scarborough.
Perth caters very well for backpackers: plenty of hostels and good meal- and drinking-deals at bars.
Public transport is excellent: there's two FREE buses running through the city, the Red Cat and the Blue Cat. It's a hop-on-hop-off-bus.
- Pros:Beautiful weather, nice lifestyle, good nightlife
- Cons:The most remote city in the world
- In a nutshell:Laidback beautiful city with great weather
Good music (Saturday nights are really good dancing nights with trance/techno). Nice club with a huge balcony where you... more travel advice
coolbananas' Related Pages
Perth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Perth - Western Australia"
- "Perth - Home of Lovely Beaches & Awesome Sunsets"
- "Here in Western Australia-Perth"
- "My Home - PERTH"
- "Perth...A Home Away From Home"
- "Perth's Newest Hotel , Holiday Inn Burswood"
- "The city on the Swan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Perth
- Hotels in Perth
- Transportation in Perth
- Nightlife in Perth
- Restaurants in Perth
- Shopping in Perth
- Warnings and Dangers in Perth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Perth
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Perth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Perth
Top 10 Pages
- Cairns Intro, 11 reviews, 7 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- New Zealand 1 review, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hoofddorp Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Praslin 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Sydney Intro, 6 reviews, 1 photo
- Ko Phi Phi Don Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kalbarri Intro, 6 reviews, 1 photo
- Phuket 3 reviews, 3 photos