"Short Rest in Beysehir" Beysehir by remigia
Beysehir Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 55 photos
Beysehir ( pronounced like Bey-sh-ehir) is a lovely province town on the coast of the lake with the same name. We were going from Antalya to Kayseri and stopped here for lunch. Acctually, i was really sorry we were short of time because we could spend here so little time. The town history goes back to Hetite Empire, but some archeological reasearch shows there were settlements from Neolite age. In Medieval times it was one of the important towns of Seljuc dynasty. The name of the town is translated as "town of bey(master)".
The town is surrounded by the mountains and the Beysehir lake. The lake is the third biggest lake in Turkey but it's the biggest freswater lake. It's national resort and also popular place for fishing- passing by we saw fihermen standing with their rods perhaps every 10m or so. And some more sitting in boats. Local speciality are fish dishes and especially their carp. You can try them in one of many lakeside restaurants. Unfortunally, i cannot say anything about it - carp is my "uneatable fish" list..... but my friend said fish on grill was good.
remigia's Related Pages
Beysehir Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beysehir and the lake"
- "mainly a magnificent lake and a wooded mosque"
- "Short Rest in Beysehir"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beysehir
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Beysehir?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beysehir
Photos in BeysehirSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Kaunas Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Laane-Virumaa Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saaremaa 8 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edirne Ili Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- Lithuania Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Druskininkai Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haapsalu Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Wales Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Kuressaare Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Beysehir Intro, 1 review, 8 photos