"Amber capital of the world" Yantarnyy by PeteNL
Yantarnyy Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 13 photos
Apparently 90% of all world ambers production comes from this tiny village on the Baltic shore... It's quite impressive seeing the production locations, the factory and the museum.
You can buy amber as well as read and see more about the production over the past centuries and nowadays. Both the factory and the museum have a shop, but there are also some stalls on the street. A wider choice of stalls and sellers are in front of the Amber museum in Kaliningrad, not sure where you'd get the best price though...
- Pros:Interesting place - anything you want to know about amber is there!
- Cons:not much more to see than amber....
- In a nutshell:Amber capital of the world!
PeteNL's Related Pages
Yantarnyy Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Yantarnyy
- Transportation in Yantarnyy
- Shopping in Yantarnyy
- Warnings and Dangers in Yantarnyy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yantarnyy
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Yantarnyy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yantarnyy
- Posted in Travel Germany Forum "Re: Amsterdam airport to Bocholt,..."
- Wrote a Review Buying amber in all variations in Yantarnyy Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "Buying amber in all variations"
- created a Yantarnyy Travel Page "Amber capital of the world"
- Commented on one of yumyum's Yantarnyy travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- De Steeg Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Kaliningradskaya Oblast' Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Fendels Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Wageningen Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lathum Intro, 2 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuldiga Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Buren Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanton Graubünden/Grischun Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sigulda Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Caha Mountains Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos