"Buren - heart of the Betuwe" Buren by PeteNL
Buren Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 53 photos
Well, maybe Tiel is really regarded as the "fruit capital" of the Betuwe region, but on our recent trip we focussed on the area around Buren - with too little time left to wander about this lovely historic town itself. So, no pictures from Buren (yet) on this Buren page....
In spring the Betuwe region is a great area for a car and/or cycle trip, especially when the fruit trees are in full bloom. It's a(nother) typical Dutch landscape - flat, distant tree lines and villages, cows, windmills, beautiful skies and "cloudscapes"...
The area is actually famous for allsorts of fruit, but apples, pears and cherries are by far the most common. It is a real "industry" down here - the geometrical pattern of nicely lined-up, small-sized fruit trees is far more common than the typical old, high stemmed fruit trees from the past. "Mechanical" picking of fruit is also quite common, rather than traditionally hand-picked with a ladder...
- Pros:Historic town, beautiful area for cycling, fruitregion...
- Cons:maybe too little "real", unspoilt and remote nature...
- In a nutshell:Don't forget your bike when you go there!
The rivers really are the framework of the Betuwe landscape, with the main Rhine delta-rivers Waal and Nederrijn (called... more travel advice
PeteNL's Related Pages
Buren Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buren also called "Orange town""
- "Buren - heart of the Betuwe"
- "Little city of Buren and the royal link."
- "Buren (Gld)"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Buren
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Buren?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buren
Photos in BurenSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- De Steeg Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Kaliningradskaya Oblast' Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Fendels Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Wageningen Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lathum Intro, 2 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuldiga Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Buren Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanton Graubünden/Grischun Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sigulda Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Caha Mountains Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos