"Heerenveen - speed-skating capital of NL?" Heerenveen by PeteNL
Heerenveen Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 62 photos
The town itself has some nice quarters, there is a whole new industrial and housing development, and it's close to a nice forest as well as the famous Frisian lakes.
It hosts a football club ... but most famous is it's speed skating rink!
The World Champion of 2002, Jochem Uijttehaage
This way the champions are welcomed: by skaters in traditional customs (and a horse-driven sleigh!)
Having a well deserved break.... Canada's Cindy Klassen and Russia's Olga Baricheva more travel advice
PeteNL's Related Pages
Heerenveen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heerenveen and surroundings"
- "Quite a city of sports!"
- "Heerenveen - speed-skating capital of NL?"
- "Heerenveen - A small town in Friesland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Heerenveen
- Hotels in Heerenveen
- Transportation in Heerenveen
- Nightlife in Heerenveen
- Restaurants in Heerenveen
- Warnings and Dangers in Heerenveen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Heerenveen
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Heerenveen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Heerenveen
Top 10 Pages
- De Steeg Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Kaliningradskaya Oblast' Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Fendels Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Wageningen Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lathum Intro, 2 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuldiga Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Buren Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanton Graubünden/Grischun Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sigulda Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Caha Mountains Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos