"Gateway to Abava Valley" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuldiga by PeteNL
Kuldiga Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 100 photos
Kuldiga is a historic town, situated on Venta river, a tributary to Abava - a lovely river valley with a nature park.
The old town of Kuldiga offers some nice architecture, including some of Latvia's oldest wooden town houses.
The Venta river bridge offers a good view of Venta's rumba, Latvia's widest waterfall.
More waterscenery can be enjoyed further upstream on Abava valley. Besides some tips here you may also check out our Sabile page and tips for more...
From Kuldiga, you can take the main road to Ventspils to reach the Baltic seashore in half an hour. It's worth while checking out the back roads, and stumble upon great castles and cosy villages, like Edole first of all..
- Pros:Lots to explore - landscape, hiking, architecture, fishing,
- In a nutshell:Nice architecture and nature
From Kuldiga it's only a short distance to the coastline, offering great beaches, often quite empty even in season! One... more travel advice
Climbing the castle offers you a great view of the nearby village of Edole, and the nice, forested landscape. more travel advice
PeteNL's Related Pages
Kuldiga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to Abava Valley"
- "Kuldiga - the home of longest waterfall in Europe"
- "Kuldīga, here it's still middle ages!"
- "Kuldiga, my favourite city in Kurzeme"
- "Linger longer in lovely Kuldiga"
- "Bonio in Kuldiga"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuldiga
- Hotels in Kuldiga
- Transportation in Kuldiga
- Restaurants in Kuldiga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuldiga
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Kuldiga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuldiga
Top 10 Pages
- De Steeg Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Kaliningradskaya Oblast' Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Fendels Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Wageningen Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lathum Intro, 2 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuldiga Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Buren Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanton Graubünden/Grischun Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sigulda Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Caha Mountains Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos