"Pisa's competitor!" Bad Frankenhausen by PeteNL
Bad Frankenhausen Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 5 photos
Bad Frankenhausen is probably hardly known to any (virtual) tourist. Time for us to change this!
The church tower belonging to a ruined church, on the slopes just above the town centre, is about as high as the one in Pisa, not as old, but it's leaning already more than the Pisa one, 4.2m vs. 4.0m for Pisa!
So why doen no one visit this one? Maybe it's location, in a small town in (Eastern) Germany, has made it less accessible and well-known than the one in Italy, which has been a tourist attraction for centuries.
The region actually has enough to offer besides the tower: the spas in the town itself and nearby, the Kyffhäuser hill with its castle ruins and monuments, the Harz hills further to the North, the old mines in Sondershausen with its museum and underground routes (also for cycling and running events!)...
It's leaning more the one in Pisa ... well, enough said on the main page! Take a look for yourself, and find out why YOU... more travel advice
PeteNL's Related Pages
Bad Frankenhausen Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Bad Frankenhausen
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Bad Frankenhausen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bad Frankenhausen
Photos in Bad FrankenhausenSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- De Steeg Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Kaliningradskaya Oblast' Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Fendels Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Wageningen Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lathum Intro, 2 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuldiga Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Buren Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanton Graubünden/Grischun Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sigulda Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Caha Mountains Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos