"Exploring the Big Island" Kailua-Kona by raevnzno
Kailua-Kona Travel Guide: 371 reviews and 866 photos
I went to Hawaii this time for my mothers 62 birthday. We opted to stay in Kialua-Kona because the flight over terminated there. not the best choice for exploring the big island as most of the major tourist points of interest are 50-100 miles from there. But live and learn. We had a great time none the less. Ended up putting over 600 miles on our rental car. That takes some doing no mater which island you visit. lol
- Pros:small town and quiet
- Cons:no good sunning beach and far from Volcano
- In a nutshell:been there, done that, bought the t-shirt, next?
Visiting Volcanos National Park was worth the whole trip. The Drive from Kona was about 2 1/2 hours, so get started... more travel advice
This is the BIG Island. to see or do anything outside of your hotel or resorts immeadate area you must have a rental... more travel advice
raevnzno's Related Pages
Kailua-Kona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kona Coast Visit"
- "A Fun Day in Kona"
- "Where Pele lives"
- "Kona Coast"
- "Kona and Kau"
- "Hawaii Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kailua-Kona
- Hotels in Kailua-Kona
- Transportation in Kailua-Kona
- Nightlife in Kailua-Kona
- Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
- Shopping in Kailua-Kona
- Warnings and Dangers in Kailua-Kona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kailua-Kona
- 4 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kailua-Kona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kailua-Kona
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 38 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Antonio Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Orlando Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Honolulu Intro, 12 reviews, 8 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corpus Christi Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Seattle Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Volcano Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.