"As Out Back as it Gets" Mount Isa by Wormily
Mount Isa Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 58 photos
Not on the regular travellers map, but somehow I ended up living there for 7 months at the end of the millenium. It is not a pretty town but the isolation is was amazed me. We took a trip up to the Lawn Hill National park & the Gulf of Carpenteria where the land is wild & humans are NOT the top of the food chain. I met real down-to-earth people there. They were all from somewhere else. Sent to the outback to fulfill a contract for big bucks. They were there for a good time, not a long time. Cops, Doctors, Nurses & Miners living it up in the middle of nowhere.
- Pros:People, Nightlife
- Cons:Sweltering heat, Alcoholics passed out in the streets
- In a nutshell:The other side of Queensland
You have to join & pay a membership fee, but it's one of the only options for classy gatherings. Don't miss the huge St... more travel advice
Wormily's Related Pages
Mount Isa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "You are not a real Aussie 'til you've been to Isa"
- "The Gulf country."
- "The Isa"
- "You`re not a real Aussie `til you`ve been to......"
- "As Out Back as it Gets"
- "Copper mine"
- "Queensland's Mineral Wealth. Mt Isa."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Isa
- Hotels in Mount Isa
- Transportation in Mount Isa
- Nightlife in Mount Isa
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Isa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Isa
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Mount Isa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Isa
Photos in Mount IsaSee All Photos (3)
Top 5 Pages
- Val-d'Isère Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Truckee Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Mount Isa Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.