"Bratislava - The Beauty on the Danube" Bratislava by macicka
Bratislava Travel Guide: 2,014 reviews and 4,542 photos
Bratislava - city of coronation, universities, Danubemetropolis, the capital of Slovakia. Bratislava is also called the heart of Europe. It is well and reasonable situated, reachable from all of it's sides.
Dominant are also The Small Carpats, which are reachable especially from my neighbourhood but also from other places in this town.
The main languages during the period of Austrian-Hungarian monarchy were Slovak, Hungarian and German. Some books say that old citizens still speak these 3 languages but I've never met anyone who would do.:)
Bratislava used to beunder the leadership of Maria Theresia and Maximilian 2nd but those times are gone.
Bratislava has been changing last years (fortunately) and has about 450 000 inhabitants.
Although the city is very well situated, the transportation in the cty is horrible... You just need to be patient while you are stucked in the traffic jam and need to catch your flight;)
This is one of the streets in the centre. There is a symbolical gate reminding us of the gate that used to be there in the past (the name of the gate was hte same as the name of the street today, so Laurinska gate). Gate was destroyed in 18th century.
- Pros:It's small, nice and cheap
- Cons:Public transportation
- In a nutshell:Small and cheap town with historical center
There will be first Tatoo convention in Bratislava 4-5-6 June. You'll see Klaus Furman (Austria), Boris (Hungary),... more travel advice
This even takes place usually in each neighbourhood during last week of september. Typical is a special type of wine... more travel advice
macicka's Related Pages
Bratislava Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vitajte v Bratislave !"
- "Bratislava - My Hometown"
- "Bratislava - Gateway to the Little Carpathians"
- "Bratislava - Proud to play second fiddle"
- "Bratislava - cozy and small capital of Slovakia"
- "Bratislava - The smallest big city"
- "Bratislava - The Beauty on the Danube"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bratislava
- Hotels in Bratislava
- Transportation in Bratislava
- Nightlife in Bratislava
- Restaurants in Bratislava
- Shopping in Bratislava
- Warnings and Dangers in Bratislava
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bratislava
- 38 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bratislava?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bratislava
- Bratislava Intro, 38 reviews, 36 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 35 reviews, 36 photos
- Kos Island Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edirne Ili Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos