"Yunnan Travel 2004 - ZhongDian" Top 5 Page for this destination Zhongdian by jaypride
Zhongdian Travel Guide: 116 reviews and 264 photos
ZhongDian is the captital area of DiQing, which was named Shangri-La by the Yunnan Government in 1997. I guess all you might have already known, "Shangri-La" first appeared in James Hilton's novel "The Lost Horizon". as a land of eternity, tranquility and peace characterized by "snowy mountains, grassland, Tibetan people, red soil plateaus, three rivers flowing along, colorless snow-tea and a lamasery."
The word Shangri-La is a Tidbetan word meaning "land of sacredness and peace.", representing a "heaven away from the turmoil of the mundane world." Its exactly what you are gonna feel while you are in the ZhongDian area. With snow white mountain, broad boundless prairie, bright red flower and mystical Lama temple, you don't have to go to Tibet to be experience Tibetan character and style. It is also the home of various ethnic groups, including Tibetans, Lisus, Naxis and Yis, who are just the nicest, most unsophisticated people I've ever met, much like their uncontaminated homeland.
The road trip is a must see activity.. because It's really a must.. you can't avoid it.. It takes about 4-5 hours to... more travel advice
"Hey.. u 2 lazy pigs, wake up! snow war time!" * -- woke up by our driver, we 2 was thrown out of the warm car, to the... more travel advice
jaypride's Related Pages
Zhongdian Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ZhongDian - Blend in with the Nature!"
- "Shangri La?"
- "Yunnan Travel 2004 - ZhongDian"
- "The Holy Birds of Peace in Shangri-La"
- "A Mysterious Paradise"
- "Zhongdian is the last Shangri-la"
- "A type of world I'd never seen before..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zhongdian
- Hotels in Zhongdian
- Transportation in Zhongdian
- Nightlife in Zhongdian
- Restaurants in Zhongdian
- Shopping in Zhongdian
- Warnings and Dangers in Zhongdian
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zhongdian
- 14 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Zhongdian?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zhongdian
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zhongdian Intro, 14 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Maldives Intro, 1 review, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Taipei Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
No friends yet.