"Sligo, My First Adventure!" Top 5 Page for this destination Sligo by Conflictrealms
Sligo Travel Guide: 165 reviews and 312 photos
I arrived in Belfast from London, and then got a train to Dublin. From Dublin i got a train to Sligo. The train ride is 3 hours and if you plan to travel by train to sligo, dont expect luxury conditions. The train isn't THAT bad, but i expected it to be more luxurious then it was. You can get a plane to Sligo from Dublin, but there are only 2 flights a day and cost around Ģ40 (around ?60 or $60 US). But if you want to travel like a real traveller, then take the train which is very busy at the beggining, and gets less crowded as the journey goes on. The announcer on the train i was on was very hard to understand, as he had a very strong Irish accent, speaking through ancient speakers. But you'll know when to get off at Sligo, as it is the last station on the rail journey.
- Pros:It is a VERY friendly place, and most people you pass say "Hello".
- Cons:The roads outside of the actual town have no pavement! You need to walk as far on the side as you can and keep occasionally looking behind you.
- In a nutshell:A Place of 2 mountains and village.
If you are staying in Rosses Point, you'll know that there is a small fishing dock near Yeats House. One evning whne i... more travel advice
There aren't many tourist traps in Ireland. Every Irish person i met was very friendly and welcoming. However, watch out... more travel advice
Conflictrealms' Related Pages
Sligo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sligeach: Land of my Ancestors!"
- "Diamond of the West Country"
- "Sligo - In Yeats Country"
- "Sligo, My First Adventure!"
- "Sligo & Leitrim Page"
- "Sligo Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sligo
- Hotels in Sligo
- Transportation in Sligo
- Nightlife in Sligo
- Restaurants in Sligo
- Shopping in Sligo
- Warnings and Dangers in Sligo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sligo
- 12 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Sligo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sligo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maldives Intro, 33 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 12 photos
- England Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Ireland Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sligo Intro, 12 reviews, 6 photos
- Crete Island Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Marmaris Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Corfu Island Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Torrevieja Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo