"Hidden Castles in Cliffs" Top 5 Page for this destination Mesa Verde National Park by OlenaKyiv

Mesa Verde National Park Travel Guide: 229 reviews and 547 photos

Hidden Palaces in Cliffs

“This is a fabulous place and must see.” I thought to start my narrative about Mesa Verde, while I was collecting ideas about my VT tips in my head. As you see I didn’t change my mind and I am ready to repeat this phrase again and again.

Mesa Verde is the place where natural and human creations mixed together and exist in one perfect union with its history. The highlights of Mesa Verde National Park are cliff dwellings of people called Anasazi, or as how they are now called Ancestral Puebloans, who lived in this area since 550 AD. In the park located on 81.4 square miles (211 square kilometers) there are over 4,000 of archeological sites and 600 of cliff dwellings.

To find directions to park go here

To find out about operating hours and seasons go here

Fees and reservations here

• Last visit to Mesa Verde National Park: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 12, 2007

• Nov 17, 2007 at 3:37 PM

We plan to go to Mesa Verde on June 30th 2008. Your tips and photos really help us plan! Thanks for a thorough report.

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2007 at 4:01 AM

Absolutely wonderful tips. Very informative, and great photos. I can't belive they climbed those walls with their fingertips...yikes...

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2007 at 12:51 PM

I loved "hand and toe trail" tip. Great VT-job. Beautiful nature, interesting tips and wonderful pics. I envy you could explore Mesa Verde and Cliff Palace... Thanks Olenka for the virtual travel! Yes, Egypt isn't worse...

OlenaKyiv

“I know that I know nothing”

Badges & Stats in Mesa Verde National Park

Have you been to Mesa Verde National Park?