"Hidden Castles in Cliffs" Top 5 Page for this destination Mesa Verde National Park by OlenaKyiv
Mesa Verde National Park Travel Guide: 242 reviews and 624 photos
“This is a fabulous place and must see.” I thought to start my narrative about Mesa Verde, while I was collecting ideas about my VT tips in my head. As you see I didn’t change my mind and I am ready to repeat this phrase again and again.
Mesa Verde is the place where natural and human creations mixed together and exist in one perfect union with its history. The highlights of Mesa Verde National Park are cliff dwellings of people called Anasazi, or as how they are now called Ancestral Puebloans, who lived in this area since 550 AD. In the park located on 81.4 square miles (211 square kilometers) there are over 4,000 of archeological sites and 600 of cliff dwellings.
To find directions to park go here
To find out about operating hours and seasons go here
Fees and reservations here
No biking is allowed in the park, except campground. However, there are some hiking trails, and you can find their maps... more travel advice
It was my first camping experience in the USA, so it was exciting. As web site says, there are always places in the... more travel advice
- To-go nice cafe with pretty strong...
- See All Communication between tribes
- Wild life on the roads
OlenaKyiv's Related Pages
Mesa Verde National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hidden Castles in Cliffs"
- "Basaic Mesa Verde National Park Page"
- "They're Not Messing Around at Mesa Verde"
- "Refuge in a hostile world"
- "Amazing Mesa Verde National Park"
- "The basketmakers"
- "Best Concentration of Cliff Dwellings in the U.S."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mesa Verde National Park
- Hotels in Mesa Verde National Park
- Transportation in Mesa Verde National Park
- Nightlife in Mesa Verde National Park
- Restaurants in Mesa Verde National Park
- Shopping in Mesa Verde National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Mesa Verde National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mesa Verde National Park
- 60 Reviews
- 112 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Mesa Verde National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mesa Verde National Park
Photos in Mesa Verde National ParkSee All Photos (112)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 102 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mesa Verde National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 112 photos
- Denver Intro, 65 reviews, 93 photos
- Nashville Intro, 53 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Springs Intro, 55 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tennessee Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manitou Springs Intro, 46 reviews, 62 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 23 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ukraine Intro, 29 reviews, 28 photos
- Great Sand Dunes National Monument Intro, 20 reviews, 36 photos