"My lovely native city Kyiv" Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev by OlenaKyiv
Kiev Travel Guide: 1,677 reviews and 4,294 photos
Well…. So from what to start first? Kyiv is the capital of Ukraine and its population is blah..blah…blah. You can find this info everywhere. So first of all I would like to tell that Kyiv is one of the most beautiful cities in the world especially during spring when you can enjoy blossoming of chestnut trees (the symbol of Kyiv), green grass of numerous alleys and tight air because of perfumes of blossoming. Kyiv’s churches make you think that you are not in XXI century, but hundreds years ago, you want to come closer to walls, to touch them and to feel the ancient times when our ancestors hadn’t know what computers, cars and different modern things are. To my mind beauty of Kyiv is old monuments, but at the same time if you are a person of space world, you can see modern buildings, customs, services and places that live in harmony with rarities.
The legend about the founding of Kiev is very beautiful: “And there were three brothers: Kiy, Scheck, Khoriv, and their sister was Lybid. They built a town and they called it Kiev, after the oldest brother.” This is the starting point of the history of the city on the Dnieper – the acknowledge spiritual center of Rus, Ukraine and the eastern Slavs.
What is worth to see in Kyiv? I could put very long list with famous places, sights.
Did you hear Kchreshchatik street?
St. Sophia Cathedral?
If you didn’t, I assure you then you don’t know Kiev at all.
The House with Khimeras
Cathedral of St. Michael
Cathedral of St. Volodymyr
St. Andrew’s church,
Friendship of the People Monument,
the Iron Lady (Rodina-Mat’ statue),
Dnipro, one of the longest rivers in Europe that has lots of resort-inlands,
Hydropark – resort area with beaches, cafes, clubs and casinos.
National Opera Theatre,
Ivan Franko Ukrainian Drama Theatre,
Lesya Ukrayinka Russian Drama theatre,
Operetta (musical) Theatre,
Drama and Comedy theatre on the Left bank,
Kyiv is full with night clubs, casinos, restaurants, cafes, so you will be able to shake your body and have a drink.
- Pros:beautiful and amazing
- In a nutshell:Antiquity and Present together
Many foreigners asked me what cuisine I like: Indian, Middle Easter, Asian or any other. Dear foreigners, although... more travel advice
St. Sophia Cathedral is actually museum and no religious services are conducted here. However, once I was present... more travel advice
- See All Yaroslav the Wise sarcophagus
- See All The best home-cooked food
- See All Babiy Yar - not only in Kiev
- See All Getting around by a taxi
- See All Kiev's Auto Traffic
OlenaKyiv's Related Pages
Kiev Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The golden friendly city"
- "The City of Archangel St.Michael"
- "My incredible, mysterious and modern Kyiv"
- "My lovely native city Kyiv"
- "Grand city for admiration and good time :)"
- "My lovely city"
- "KIEV: Charm on Dnieper river"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kiev
- Hotels in Kiev
- Transportation in Kiev
- Nightlife in Kiev
- Restaurants in Kiev
- Shopping in Kiev
- Warnings and Dangers in Kiev
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kiev
- 102 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 40 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Kiev?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kiev
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 102 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mesa Verde National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 112 photos
- Denver Intro, 65 reviews, 93 photos
- Nashville Intro, 53 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Springs Intro, 55 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tennessee Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manitou Springs Intro, 46 reviews, 62 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 23 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ukraine Intro, 29 reviews, 28 photos
- Great Sand Dunes National Monument Intro, 20 reviews, 36 photos