"Tennessee" Top 5 Page for this destination Tennessee by OlenaKyiv
Tennessee Travel Guide: 4,268 reviews and 9,835 photos
The most misleading view about Tennessee is that it is flat. However, it is wrong.
Tennessee divides naturally into three ?grand divisions? ? upland, most mountainous , East Tennessee, Middle Tennessee with its foothills and basin, and the low plain of West Tennessee. When I came to Tennessee in my first trip I was surprised how many hills we met on our way.
Tennessee possesses a climate advantageous for people and agriculture, with abundant rainfall and a long, temperate growing season. The area generally is free from the long droughts and freezes of more extreme climes.
The three major rivers that flow around and across Tennessee ? the Mississippi, Tennessee and Cumberland Rivers ? have created watersheds which cover most of the state. Except rivers Tennessee possesses a great number of huge and small lakes.
Tennessee is unique with its nation?s largest public power company Tennessee Valley Authority. TVA manages the nation?s fifth-largest river system to minimize flooding, maintain navigation, provide recreational opportunities, and protect water quality. TVA operates fossil-fuel, nuclear, and hydropower plants, and also produces energy from renewable sources. TVA does a lot to recreations areas making them pleasant for everyone.
Tennessee doesn?t have many large cities. The capital of the state of Tennessee is Nashville, which is also the capital of the country music and the second large city in Tennessee. The largest city is Memphis located on Mississippi River. Knoxville is the third one.
Communicating with people in this state you feel the friendly and curious attitude toward you. The Southern accent, I guess, is famous to everyone. People say that Southern people are as slow in their life and movements as slow they speak.
The most beautiful season in Tennessee is the SPRING, when you see many blooming trees, flowers. Unfortunately you feel their aroma either, so beware if you are an allergic.
Tennessee is famous with Great Smoky Mountains National Park where the highest point in the mountains is located on the boarder with North Carolina.
Many people intrigue when they hear Oak Rigde. It is young city which took its start from World War II, from time of efforts to produce the atomic weapons. American Museum of Science and Energy in Oak Ridge is the state sight seeing.
I can?t help mentioning Great Smoky Mountains which are among the oldest mountains in the world, formed perhaps 200-300 years ago. Smoky Mountains serves as a boarder between Tennessee and North Carolina.
The park?s abundant rainfall and high summertime humidity provide excellent growing conditions. In the Smokies, the average annual rainfall varies from approximately 55 inches in the valleys to over 85 inches on some peaks?more than anywhere else in the country except the Pacific Northwest. You can see enormous number of plants in its untouched life. Many animals have found their sanctuary on the territory of the park. Till these days I saw only deer, but not bear, even though some people told that they saw.
Smokey Mountains amaze with its views, springs, creeks, endless forests and some historical sites. When you have your photo camera, you take pics without stop.
What my mother liked about Tennessee was abundance of magnolia trees. Those trees are very gorgeous and beautiful with... more travel advice
I cannot call Southern cuisine healthy. Gravy, breads, deep fried chicken and fish made me gain a few pounds in a couple... more travel advice
OlenaKyiv's Related Pages
Tennessee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Mountains, The Valley, The Plateau: Tennessee"
- "Tennessee, from the mountains to the river"
- "Tennessee......the place to be"
- "Tennessee Back Roads and Byways"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tennessee
- Hotels in Tennessee
- Transportation in Tennessee
- Nightlife in Tennessee
- Restaurants in Tennessee
- Shopping in Tennessee
- Warnings and Dangers in Tennessee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tennessee
- 113 Reviews
- 192 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Tennessee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tennessee
- updated a Tennessee Travelogue "Glenmore Victorian Mansion, Jefferson City, TN"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Southern food and its consequences"
- Wrote a Review Magnolia Trees in Tennessee General
- Posted in Travel Kiev Forum "Re: Crime situation in Kiew /..."
- Commented on one of tompt's Tennessee travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 102 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mesa Verde National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 112 photos
- Denver Intro, 65 reviews, 93 photos
- Nashville Intro, 53 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Springs Intro, 55 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tennessee Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manitou Springs Intro, 46 reviews, 62 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 23 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ukraine Intro, 29 reviews, 28 photos
- Great Sand Dunes National Monument Intro, 20 reviews, 36 photos