"About the Place I want visit every year" Oahu by OlenaKyiv

Oahu Travel Guide: 4,109 reviews and 10,146 photos

My dream came true - I saw those soft-sand beaches and blue warm water. I say, "Like those you see in travel agencies' brochures."

Aloha!

Finally, we made it to Hawaii. Our plans to make this trip stretched out for three years, but yes… yes we made it. Our trip was arranged spontaneously, especially our departure. We were going to Honolulu for New Year 2007, and to our great disappointment Colorado gave us a great surprise for 2006 Christmas with heavy snow blizzard that prevent us from going out for 2 days. Our trip was jeopardized by another snow storm that came to Colorado again on the day of our departure. After family meeting, we decided to escape the snow before it comes, and to go stand-by a day earlier.
The evening of that decision was the challenge for me by itself, because instead of a huge trunk I had planed to take with me, I had to fit my clothes into a small bag to avoid lost-luggage problem. Taking my make-up was eliminated, because I was afraid security without any regret will threw it away in a huge “ugly” garbage can. Why ugly? Because for a woman the beloved make-up cannot be thrown away at all.

The day of the travel started for us at 4 am. The taxi was late; driver just moved in Denver and was lost. Moreover, on our way to an airport with slight irritation I had to listen to the driver’s talk about his surprised of Coloradoans who was so confused with a “big snow”. “You didn’t see the real snow,” he said, “I am from New York State. This is a place of a big snow. And what was that Colorado? Nothing.” I was the happiest person to get out of the cab and take my path to the front desk, because for me that moment any FLAKE that could prevent me from my planed travel was hated by my soul. I was going to HAWAII. Hellloooo I don’t care of snow now, everything I wanted was to forget about snow, and I didn’t care whether that snow worse in some Eastern states, or in Colorado. Just let me get out.

After long security lanes we ran to the gate. We were late but we made it to the gate. We made it to the gate, but there were no seat. Oh… another 4 hours of waiting and we were on our way to San-Francisco. Another 4 hours of waiting and we were on the plane to Honolulu. At 6 pm of the same day I walked out from Airport air-conditioner cooled building and breathed in the humid, salty, and warm air.

This was the story of our travel. The most of time we spent in Waikiki Beach, where we stayed in Hilton Hawaiian Village. However, one day we rented a car - convertable yesss so I could rotate my camera in a wide degree angle :-)) - and took a trip on West, North, North-Eastern part of the island. The tips on this page will be about that travel.

• Pros:Rest, beauty, beaches, sunsets, OCEAN
  • Cons:Expensive
  • In a nutshell:The land of beautiful sunsets and large waves
  • Last visit to Oahu: Jan 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 12, 2007

OlenaKyiv

“I know that I know nothing”

Badges & Stats in Oahu