"Ukraine is country of my birth and of my heart" Top 5 Page for this destination Ukraine by OlenaKyiv

Ukraine Travel Guide: 7,140 reviews and 26,592 photos

Ukraine is the country where I was born. I love this country for its nature, for people. The life in Ukraine is really hard especially in villages and small towns, but people are strong by their spirit and kind by their heart. They keep fire of their souls with memories from Ukrainian history about Kozaks and heroes of past times hoping that these heroes left their descendants who is strong to fight for their country without stop.

I am proud of my parents!!!

I love my parents very much. They were born in Ukraine also. My mother is from Zhytomirskaya oblast Andrushivka town. My father was born in Chernigivska oblast in little village of Bobrovickiy district. They left their homes and families when they were very young for Kiev. They worked hard and they gave me the life. I appreciate them for they made me so like I am. They gave me an education and many life’s advices which help me during my days. I traveled a lot with my parents. Every year we went to the sea shore. We drove along Dnipro to the Sea of Azov. It is so amazing to travel by car, to stop for a night in woods, cook a soup on open fire and listen to songs of wild birds. When we traveled to Crimea I noticed the difference of houses and culture of buildings and keeping of them. It is interesting to see in the same country different areas and their difference between each other :-)

My life

I graduated school, then University in Ukraine (Kiev). Ukraine gave me my best friends who support me in every hardship I have :) I didn?t travel much with friends, but we spent fun time on the streets of Kiev and Kiev's suburb on dachas (it is suburb houses).

I never saw East Ukraine, but on April 2003 I went to West Ukraine with my friend to visit her relatives there who live in Chernivetska oblast. Anyway I know Ukraine enough good by map. I adore geography and it was my favorite subject in school :-)

I can tell you that a favorite place of mine in Ukraine is my native city KIEV. All other places are good by own beauty and interest. Here on VirtualTourist you can see pages about Ukrainian cities, towns, villages you never heard about before, I guess. So make your trip to undiscovered coners :-)

Andrushovka
Melitopol

• Pros:Beauty of nature and people's hearts
  • Cons:Hard life and everlasting preasure
  • Last visit to Ukraine: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 20, 2006

• plainnuts's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Varenyky one of my favorites yum

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2008 at 6:44 AM

wonderful summary of your home. Very similar to my Polish g.parents. I've forwarded your page to a friend whose g.parents were from Horodenka.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2007 at 7:56 AM

Nice tips, thanks and good luck!

• painterdave's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2007 at 10:41 PM

What a great photo of the musician. And the barbecue, it makes me hungry. I can see you have had many happy times.

• LanaFromRiga's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2007 at 6:22 AM

Shashlik rullez! it is also VERY popular in Latvia. Some Latvians thinking that it is Latvian traditional food. :-DDDD

• Museeuw's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2007 at 2:46 PM

My god, that meat on the BBQ really looks nice. Would travel to the Ukraine just for the meat alone already, I think. Greets, the man who's always right.

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2007 at 8:08 AM

This is a very "unusual" page (no famous monuments, no shopping, etc.), I really like it. It shows what you wrote you are interested in. Excellent tips about Ukrainian clothes and houses.

• Voyageuse30's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2006 at 3:37 PM

I love your story of long-distance love on your web page!

• Propermark's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2006 at 4:57 AM

When you go to Ukraine what's the best language to use? English or Russian??

• awayhome's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2004 at 1:28 PM

What a beautiful story! great page-))

OlenaKyiv Used To Live Here!

OlenaKyiv

“I know that I know nothing”

Badges & Stats in Ukraine

Have you been to Ukraine?

Latest Activity in Ukraine