"Ukraine is country of my birth and of my heart" Top 5 Page for this destination Ukraine by OlenaKyiv
Ukraine Travel Guide: 7,465 reviews and 27,993 photos
Ukraine is the country where I was born. I love this country for its nature, for people. The life in Ukraine is really hard especially in villages and small towns, but people are strong by their spirit and kind by their heart. They keep fire of their souls with memories from Ukrainian history about Kozaks and heroes of past times hoping that these heroes left their descendants who is strong to fight for their country without stop.
I love my parents very much. They were born in Ukraine also. My mother is from Zhytomirskaya oblast Andrushivka town. My father was born in Chernigivska oblast in little village of Bobrovickiy district. They left their homes and families when they were very young for Kiev. They worked hard and they gave me the life. I appreciate them for they made me so like I am. They gave me an education and many life’s advices which help me during my days. I traveled a lot with my parents. Every year we went to the sea shore. We drove along Dnipro to the Sea of Azov. It is so amazing to travel by car, to stop for a night in woods, cook a soup on open fire and listen to songs of wild birds. When we traveled to Crimea I noticed the difference of houses and culture of buildings and keeping of them. It is interesting to see in the same country different areas and their difference between each other :-)
I graduated school, then University in Ukraine (Kiev). Ukraine gave me my best friends who support me in every hardship I have :) I didn?t travel much with friends, but we spent fun time on the streets of Kiev and Kiev's suburb on dachas (it is suburb houses).
I never saw East Ukraine, but on April 2003 I went to West Ukraine with my friend to visit her relatives there who live in Chernivetska oblast. Anyway I know Ukraine enough good by map. I adore geography and it was my favorite subject in school :-)
I can tell you that a favorite place of mine in Ukraine is my native city KIEV. All other places are good by own beauty and interest. Here on VirtualTourist you can see pages about Ukrainian cities, towns, villages you never heard about before, I guess. So make your trip to undiscovered coners :-)
- Pros:Beauty of nature and people's hearts
- Cons:Hard life and everlasting preasure
Ukrainian torts are just delicious. As a rule they are multi layered with some type of cream between layers, also they... more travel advice
Varenyky is another famous Ukrainian dish. It is dough with all kinds of stuffing: potatoes, meat, fruits, cabbage,... more travel advice
OlenaKyiv's Related Pages
Ukraine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "'00-kray-eene' (place on the edge...)"
- "A Land of Golden Wheat"
- "Ukraine is country of my birth and of my heart"
- "A country that truly looks like it's flag"
- "Welcome to Ukraine"
- "Welcome to Ukraine!"
- "How to not get to the Ukraine..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ukraine
- Hotels in Ukraine
- Transportation in Ukraine
- Nightlife in Ukraine
- Restaurants in Ukraine
- Shopping in Ukraine
- Warnings and Dangers in Ukraine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ukraine
- 175 Reviews
- 200 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Ukraine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ukraine
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 102 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mesa Verde National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 112 photos
- Denver Intro, 65 reviews, 93 photos
- Nashville Intro, 53 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Springs Intro, 55 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tennessee Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manitou Springs Intro, 46 reviews, 62 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 23 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ukraine Intro, 29 reviews, 28 photos
- Great Sand Dunes National Monument Intro, 20 reviews, 36 photos