"Kherson ... and sadness" Top 5 Page for this destination Kherson by Klod5
Kherson Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 74 photos
Kherson Ukraine is the city of two ports, the River and the Sea one, that's why the Kherson trade port is connected with 42 countries of the world.
Kherson Ukraine stretches along the high right bank of the river Dnipro, this is the area where the Dnipro runs into many branches and forms many islands. Kherson Ukraine is situated on the plain territory called the Steppe.
The city's large railway junction connects Kherson Ukraine with Moscow, Dnepropetrovsk, Kharkov, Simferopol and other cities of the country and CIS.
Modern Kherson Ukraine is the large city with the population of 402,9 thousand inhabitants (given by the beginning of 1997) and the area of about 100 square km, the city with a famous history and rich culture.
The Dniepro and the wide green zone of the city boundaries create magnificent conditions for rest of Kherson people and visitors of city.
The climate of Kherson Ukraine has a moderate continental. The average temperature here is rather high - plus 9-10°C and the rainfall is quite small - only 320-400 mm. It remains to add that the frostless period in the region lasts for about 288 days and the sunny days in the year amount to 260-280. As you see Kherson Ukraine is one of the warmest cities in Ukraine.
Kherson Ukraine is one of the most «green» cities of Ukraine -on the territory of Kherson Ukraine we have quit a few urban parks.
The Park of Lenin Comsomol, Lenin Park where the Great Oak of more than hundred years grows, and the Park of Glory which stretches above the Dniepro.
For me, Kherson rhymes with sadness and bitterness, since in this city I was victim of a woman swindler who made me a beautiful con.
If you cross Antonina Teopriesna Shakina, living in Kherson, ul.Lenina 94 apt. 7 : mistrust, only bus your money interests it.
If you believe it, as me, you could have a bad judgment thereafter on Ukraine and its inhabitants.
Fortunately, I confirm you that, the majority of the Ukrainian is very welcoming and honest. And it is a pity that the police and the Ukrainian justice doesn't pursue these swindlers who harm to the reputation of this country.
- Pros:A town with numerus parks and gardens
- Cons:The foul water odor
- In a nutshell:The city of two ports
One of the movies of the city is Ukraine. A monumental building, for only one room... who projects commercial movies,... more travel advice
The legend says that the Grand Duke Potjomkin discovered the old gate with the Greek inscription: "From here you must go... more travel advice
Klod5's Related Pages
Kherson Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kherson, nice river city close to Black Sea"
- "Kherson ... and sadness"
- "City of Brides"
- "Kherson..... what can I say...."
- "The Southern Port"
- "Why Kherson"
- "Life in Kherson"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kherson
- Hotels in Kherson
- Transportation in Kherson
- Nightlife in Kherson
- Restaurants in Kherson
- Warnings and Dangers in Kherson
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kherson
- 38 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Kherson?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kherson
Photos in KhersonSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 187 reviews, 254 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 122 reviews, 195 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Novosibirsk Intro, 105 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 83 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 83 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ukraine Intro, 78 reviews, 107 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odessa Intro, 74 reviews, 100 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cherkasy Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Verdun-sur-Meuse Intro, 32 reviews, 118 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 69 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue