"A big and cultural town in center island" Rose Hill by Klod5
Rose Hill Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 36 photos
If you have some extra time, the town of Beau-Bassin / Rose-Hill is worth the detour.
Rose-Hill came to life at the end of the 18th century when the malaria disease was spreading in Port-Louis.
People moved their residences to the higher plains where the cooler climate was keeping most mosquitoes away.
Rose-Hill and Beau Bassin were then the new places to be and until the mid 1900’s Rose Hill and especially Beau-Bassin had plenty of wonderful colonial houses.
Owing to the quality of the earth and the humidity the huge gardens around these well-kept houses were simply magnificent.
The climate in the centre of the island is totally different to the coastal regions as the centre part is higher in altitude.
It is therefore generally cooler, especially after sunset and simply cold in winter in the highest parts temperatures may vary between 12oC and 22oC in winter or between 18oC and 30oC in summer but this is just a numerical indication as due to the high humidity (up to 90%) the extremes in temperature are amplified.
You can see more on my website :
Préparez votre voyage à l'île Maurice
... et, sur VT :
Mauritius = 48 - 15 - 5 - Page Views : 2,131
Cap Malheureux = 4 - 7 - 0 - Page Views : 284
Curepipe = 7 - 10 - 0 - Page Views : 519
Mahébourg = 0 - 2 - 0 - Page Views : 201
Pamplemousses = 9 - 20 - 1 - Page Views : 676
Port Louis = 14 - 23 - 1 - Page Views : 1,000
Quatre Bornes = 8 - 17 - 1 - Page Views : 1,005
Rose Hill = 26 - 36 - 1 - Page Views : 667
Tamarin = 4 - 6 - 0 - Page Views: 445
* = number of tips - number of photos - number of travelogues - page views on Oct 30, 2004
- In a nutshell:I live here, when I was in Mauritius...
The Maison Carné, situated very near of the city hall, is an imposing colonial home, surrounded with a big raised park. more travel advice
Les temples Tamouls sont très colorés (contrairement aux temples hindous, très sobres, et blancs). Ils sont ornés d'une... more travel advice
Klod5's Related Pages
Rose Hill Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Rose Hill
- 26 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Rose Hill?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rose Hill
Photos in Rose HillSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 187 reviews, 254 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 122 reviews, 195 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Novosibirsk Intro, 105 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 83 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 83 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ukraine Intro, 78 reviews, 107 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odessa Intro, 74 reviews, 100 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cherkasy Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Verdun-sur-Meuse Intro, 32 reviews, 118 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 69 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue