"Karaganda's black city" Karaganda by Klod5
Karaganda Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 10 photos
Karaganda City (pop. 1995 est. : 574,000), is in central Kazakhstan.
Kazakhstan's second-largest city, it consists of the old town, which grew up haphazardly around more than 20 mining settlements, and the new town with the cultural and administrative center, which includes a university and medical and polytechnic institutes.
Karaganda from Kazakh means, "Black city" it means just it is situated on a gigantic coal hills. People here are nice. We are always glad to host people and want to have more new and faithful friends. We will be happy to host people in the hotels of highest quality and also in families at the restaurants and at families' parties.
- Cons:Desolation !
The "Tchaïka" hotel named thus in 1963 in honor of V.V.Tereshkovoj, the cosmonaut's first woman, who resided in this... more travel advice
Klod5's Related Pages
Karaganda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karaganda's black city"
- "Freiner's new Karaganda Page"
- "Karaganda, Kazakhstan - November 2002"
- See All...
- Hotels in Karaganda
- Transportation in Karaganda
- Nightlife in Karaganda
- Warnings and Dangers in Karaganda
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Karaganda
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Karaganda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karaganda
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 187 reviews, 254 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 122 reviews, 195 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Novosibirsk Intro, 105 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 83 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 83 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ukraine Intro, 78 reviews, 107 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odessa Intro, 74 reviews, 100 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cherkasy Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Verdun-sur-Meuse Intro, 32 reviews, 118 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 69 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue