"Frilandsmuseet" Kongens Lyngby by metteks
Kongens Lyngby Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 6 photos
Here at this open air museum there are more than 100 buildings, where you can discover how farmers and smallholders lived and worked in different regions of Denmark in the 1700s, 1800s and 1900s. The museum also have some farmbuildings from Southern Sweden, Northern Germany and The Faroe Islands.
The buildings range from cottages to manor houses to windmills and watermills, from poor houses to the smithy, lace school and pottery workshop.
In the fields of the farms you'll see sheep, goats, cows and horses.
In the gardens you'll find flowers, fruittrees and old kind of herbs.
In the summer there are activities and the workers dress up in the traditional clotches.
The open air museum is a nice place to learn something about life in Denmark in the old days. It is also a nice place to enjoy a picnic if the weather is good.
The museum is open Marts 19. - October 23. and in some holidays as well. It is closed some mondays.
The main entrance of Frilandsmuseet is located: Kongevejen 100, 2800 Lyngby
Another entrance is located near Brede station, at: I. C. Modewegs Vej, Brede
The homepage of the museum: http://www.nationalmuseet.dk/sw4621.asp - most is in Danish.
metteks' Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Kongens Lyngby
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Kongens Lyngby?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kongens Lyngby
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 31 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mindo Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Otavalo Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Cabo Polonio Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Lozenets Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Lyngby Sø Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Quito Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corn Island Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matera Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alberobello Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos