"Corn Island, in bad weater" Top 5 Page for this destination Corn Island by metteks

Corn Island Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 382 photos

Caribbean island in bad storm

I arrived to Corn Island in a bad storm, It was rainy and windy, and they even closed the harbor for a time.

We decided to make the most of it. We went for a walk in the rain and ended up at the beach, where we had a swim, since we were already wet. We hitched a ride back on a pick-up and sat on a restaurant drinking beer, until we were dry again.

At a restaurant we met a man, who had been separated from his wife, due to the bad weather. They were holidaying at little Corn Island, and he went to visit Big Corn Island on daytrip, then the weather turned bad, the harbor closed, and he couldn’t get back to his wife. He had a great time, even though he hadn’t seen here since the day before.

Getting there

This picture shows a boat like the one I arrived on, and the weather just as bad. (Read my travel tips, for more information on this exiting trip). I was happy to pay the money for a plain ticket back to Managua, than to go on a boat again.

• Last visit to Corn Island: Dec 2000
  • Intro Updated Aug 3, 2005

• XtravelloverX's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2006 at 6:47 PM

What an awful experience on that boat! 8hrs of hell. I'm glad you made it OK. Happy travels! :^)

• zizkov's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2005 at 10:23 AM

Corn Island - I'm on my way! Your page has sold it to me. Especially looking forward to the boat.

Badges & Stats in Corn Island

Have you been to Corn Island?

Latest Activity in Corn Island