"Great place to relax and hang out" Top 5 Page for this destination San Pedro La Laguna by metteks
San Pedro La Laguna Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 90 photos
While in San Pedro La Laguna I met many who had been here for weeks. They had ust intended to stay for a couple of days, but they found the place so great that they stayed.
I arrived here from Panajachel, where I had stayed some days. I liked it so much better here, as it was so touristy and developed than Panajachel.
In the tiny center of the town there are a number of great restaurants with great views of the lake.
Close to the center there are small beaches, where you can go swimming in the lake.
I think San Pedro La Laguna is a great place if you enjoy countryside and rural areas, but if you are looking for action, this is not the place.
I stayed at a hostel a little outside the center, and to get to the hostel I had to walk on small track passing small local farmhouses.
When I was there they had just harvested the coffee beans, and they were layed out to dry. There were also a little factory that had a mashine that took off the shells of the coffee beans. This ran all day and it was interesting to watch the proces.
The locals lived in small houses like these, and if you look closely you can even see a horse in the small shed.
The farmers were poor, since the price of coffee was getting lower and lower (for 100 pounds they were payed 70 Q, which is around the price we pay for 2-3 punds of coffee in my country).
I liked the area very much. It was interesting to see how the local lived and it was great to walk around on these tracks where no car could enter. One negative thing was the amount of garbage, but that is a problem everywhere in Latinamerica.
- Pros:Great place to hang out
metteks' Related Pages
San Pedro La Laguna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Pedro's easy living"
- "San Pedro la Laguna"
- "Great place to relax and hang out"
- "A lovely town on Lake Atitlan"
- "SAN PEDRO LA LAGUNA (A NOT SO CLEAN PLACE)"
- "Hippy little town"
- "A laid back corner of the world"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Hotels in San Pedro La Laguna
- Transportation in San Pedro La Laguna
- Nightlife in San Pedro La Laguna
- Restaurants in San Pedro La Laguna
- Shopping in San Pedro La Laguna
- Warnings and Dangers in San Pedro La Laguna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Pedro La Laguna
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to San Pedro La Laguna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Pedro La Laguna
- updated a San Pedro La Laguna Travel Page "Great place to relax and hang out"
- Posted in Travel Uzbekistan Forum "Visa on arrival in Tashkent..."
- Commented on one of acemj's San Pedro La Laguna travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great place to relax and hang out"
- Wrote a Review Nice and inexpensive place in San Pedro La Laguna Hotels
Photos in San Pedro La LagunaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 31 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mindo Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Otavalo Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Cabo Polonio Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Lozenets Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Lyngby Sø Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Quito Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corn Island Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alberobello Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matera Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos