"Great place to relax and hang out" Top 5 Page for this destination San Pedro La Laguna by metteks

San Pedro La Laguna Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 87 photos

Chill out

While in San Pedro La Laguna I met many who had been here for weeks. They had ust intended to stay for a couple of days, but they found the place so great that they stayed.

I arrived here from Panajachel, where I had stayed some days. I liked it so much better here, as it was so touristy and developed than Panajachel.

In the tiny center of the town there are a number of great restaurants with great views of the lake.

Close to the center there are small beaches, where you can go swimming in the lake.

I think San Pedro La Laguna is a great place if you enjoy countryside and rural areas, but if you are looking for action, this is not the place.

The small farms around the town

I stayed at a hostel a little outside the center, and to get to the hostel I had to walk on small track passing small local farmhouses.

When I was there they had just harvested the coffee beans, and they were layed out to dry. There were also a little factory that had a mashine that took off the shells of the coffee beans. This ran all day and it was interesting to watch the proces.

The locals lived in small houses like these, and if you look closely you can even see a horse in the small shed.

The farmers were poor, since the price of coffee was getting lower and lower (for 100 pounds they were payed 70 Q, which is around the price we pay for 2-3 punds of coffee in my country).

I liked the area very much. It was interesting to see how the local lived and it was great to walk around on these tracks where no car could enter. One negative thing was the amount of garbage, but that is a problem everywhere in Latinamerica.

• Pros:Great place to hang out
  • Last visit to San Pedro La Laguna: Jan 2001
  • Intro Updated Sep 28, 2005

Comments

Badges & Stats in San Pedro La Laguna

Have you been to San Pedro La Laguna?

Friends