"A land of real and fake surfers" Top 5 Page for this destination Montaņita by CaptainAmerica
Montaņita Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 313 photos
Montanita was once a tiny fishing village, one amongst many others, on the beautiful and desert Pacific coast of Ecuador.
But apart from its extraordinary landscape and climate, Montanita has big and sometimes perfect waves to offer. This is the main reason why it became a surf and tourists spot, one of the most reknown in Ecuador and probably in the whole coast of South America.
Therefore, do not expect to be alone on a desert beach. It should be noted, however, that the village and the beach are never really crowded and that the stay is very enjoyable; it's full of good restaurants and breakfast cafes, good bars with music, the atmosphere is cool and calm and it's a good starting point to more desert villages and beaches.
They are some remaining fishermen in Montanita. You don't see them in the part of the village where the hotels and... more travel advice
As already mentioned, Montanita is an excellent spot for surfing. The best period is from December to May; when I was... more travel advice
CaptainAmerica's Related Pages
Montaņita Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A land of real and fake surfers"
- "Even birds like surfing in Montaņita!"
- "Great Beach, Great Food, But..."
- "A surfer place without surfing - Sans surfer"
- "Montanita, Ecuador's Surfing Mecca"
- "MONTANITA, A CAPTIVATING PLACE!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montaņita
- Hotels in Montaņita
- Transportation in Montaņita
- Nightlife in Montaņita
- Restaurants in Montaņita
- Shopping in Montaņita
- Warnings and Dangers in Montaņita
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montaņita
- 19 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Montaņita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montaņita
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 52 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montaņita Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Cuenca Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Riobamba Intro, 1 review, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Latacunga Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto López Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Baņos Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santa Elena Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Saquisilí Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue