"MESSAGE IN BOTTLE" M.I.B.'s Profile
I'm M.I.B. (Message In Bottle).
If you ever find me please bring me to the VT-staff, because I am an important message.
If you are not in a position to hand me over, please seal the message in a bottle and bring me back to my beloved waves. Please take a picture of me and add it to this page at the proper location (for password mail to email@example.com).
Thanks in advance.
Hallo everybody. Today, February 25 2003 I was launched into the Northsea. My initial route will be determined by the tidal currents from the Waddenzee, the Easterly winds and unpredictable sprout winds from the UK; no I meant the Gulf stream).
I will be pushed from the warm shore waters (green coloured) into the colder waters of Scotland. I guess I have to study daarth's travelogues; maybe I make it in time for his upcoming birthday party.
If you want more launch details, look at my Den Helder travelogues.
And remember, when you find me, please add this happening to my pages.
"I am sailing, stormy waters ...... cross the ..."
I see a triangle at the horizon ..............................................
I''m getting cold and what is that white thing at the horizon! Oh, no!
Sunday, February 22, 2004
It's my first birthday! I wish you all could join me at my continous cruise over the oceans. Celebrating Carnival, my birthday and loosing my VT Rookie status on one day!
I will have a lonely floating party.
PS BBC2 is airing a special tonight on the TV: MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE!
For a moment I thought I was found.
Taken from: Eddy Mama's weblog
One of the highlights of our book club's trip to Amelia Island last weekend was the discovery of, yes, a message in a bottle, on the storm-tossed beach in the wake of Tropical Storm Tammy.
My friend B found the bottle, bouncing in the surf, which was littered with debris from the storm. A Hefty ziplock bag, protecting a tantalizingly folded piece of paper, showed through the bottle's green glass.
As a group, we decided to live, for a few hours, with the mysterious presence of the bottle. Unfortunately, the barnacles adhering to it made it a rather pungent guest, so the bottle was banished to the porch.
Before opening it, we decided make some guesses as to what its contents might be. A few of our supppositions were:
1. A cry for help from a woman who witnessed a crime (probably drug-related) and was subsequently kidnapped and being held captive on a yacht.
2. A woman stranded on a desert island, anxious about her lack of internet service, asking if the bottle's discoverer would please post the enclosed message on her blog (this was not my guess, though I inspired it).
3. A homeschooling assignment.
4. A scorned female, who, in her moment of rejection, drank the bottle of wine, then enclosed a letter to her former lover with a lock of her hair, which she had shorn in her grief.
5. A man, in love with a woman he can't have. As he can't tell her or anyone else how he feels, he releases his passion in a love note, then consigns it to the sea.
6. A confession that cannot be told.
7. The numbers to a Swiss bank account.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Angeles City
- Timpanogos Cave National Monument Hotels
- Krems an der Donau
- Hintersteiner See Hotels
- Herndon Hotels
- Cape Town
- Siliserh Lake Hotels
- Sugar Pine Point State Park Hotels
- Castilla y León
- Province of Abra Hotels
- Saint Petersburg
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: In between - The third serving"
- Commented on Jim35's profile page
- M.I.B. and pieter_jan_v are now friends.
updated their Personal Page "Family Album"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Family Album"
- updated a Netherlands Travel Page "DUTCH TELEVISON"
- Wrote a Review Carrier Pigeon or Bottle? in Amsterdam Transportation
- Den Helder Intro, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belgium Intro, 3 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22149 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos