Paradise Island Tourist Trap Tips by Kurtiemon Top 5 Page for this destination
Paradise Island Tourist Traps: 5 reviews and 7 photos
Fun change of scenery
Atlantis has devised a way to make you spend more money while out at the pool and beach areas. Almost every bar and snack stand will only take either room cards to charge to or credit cards. This allows people to just charge, charge, charge and not realize that $7 drinks and $8 sandwiches can add up to $500+ in a week's time. Only two of the more than fifteen bar/food areas takes cash.
Unique Suggestions: My wife and I split a sandwich (they are big enough) and didn't drink much by the pool areas. We did buy bottled water at a local store across from Atlantis for $2.25 each and bring them with us. The same bottled water at the resort was $4.75. We did see many people pull out bottles of liquor and and pop and make a drink at their chairs. Liquor is very inexpensive at the stores and too expensive at Atlantis.
Fun Alternatives: For a fun change, walk over to the Comfort Suites Hotel across the street from the Altantis Casino. If you enter from the lobby area, go to the pool bar. The bartenders are social, fun and make strong drinks. Prices are cheaper and they have 2 TVs for additional entertainment. Many locals hang out their because of prices and better interaction with guests and bartenders
More Reviews (13)
- See All Atlantis Resort if you have $$$
- Taxis and free boats
- Water and Liquor
- Water slides and lazy river at Atlantis
Kurtiemon's Related Pages
Paradise Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paradise Found"
- "What an Appropriate Name.."
- "A True Paradise Island (so Close to Miami & NY)"
- "Expensive Paradise"
- "Over the Bridge"
- "Atlantis...big and getting bigger."
- "Atlantis on Paradise Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paradise Island
- Hotels in Paradise Island
- Transportation in Paradise Island
- Nightlife in Paradise Island
- Restaurants in Paradise Island
- Shopping in Paradise Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Paradise Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paradise Island
- 14 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Paradise Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paradise Island
Photos in Paradise IslandSee All Photos (9)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paradise Island Intro, 14 reviews, 9 photos
- Cancún Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Stuttgart Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Aruba Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Mackinac Island Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos