"Tulip Time in Skagit Valley" La Conner by Bellinghamster
La Conner Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 209 photos
Though the whole lower Skagit river valley is where the Tulip Festival takes place, La Conner is one end of the axis and Mt. Vernon the other. Events are happening everywhere in between and not between (Anacortes, Burlington, Sedro Woolley). Even the casinos join in, Swinomish, and Skagit Valley Casino Resort.
La Conner is one of those towns that trys to maintain that "Turn-of-the-century" look. Not the 21st, the 20th century that is. Many of the shops, restaurants, and even city hall try to maintain that feel.
While you drive around the farm roads, you pass by fields of color. Oh, note that there is the slightest possiblity of rain during the Tulip Festival (April), and many other months for that matter..... ...bring Gortex (or equal) shell...
I thought I would try something different for this over-photographed bridge. Take a picture in the rain...
- Pros:Good food, places to say, quite out of the way.
- Cons:Very busy at Tulip time, and certain summer weekends.
- In a nutshell:In an Oyster shell... I'd say it's the seafood! and deserts!
Bellinghamster's Related Pages
La Conner Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Artists' Paradise"
- "Tulip Mania!"
- "The Tulip Festival"
- "Skagit Valley - Largest commerical bulb industry o"
- "La Conner, Washington!"
- "Tulip Time in Skagit Valley"
- "Local Information"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Conner
- Hotels in La Conner
- Transportation in La Conner
- Restaurants in La Conner
- Shopping in La Conner
- Warnings and Dangers in La Conner
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Conner
- 1 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to La Conner?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Conner
Photos in La ConnerSee All Photos (9)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bellingham Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Olympic National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Blaine Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue