"Gateway to Canada" Blaine by Bellinghamster
Blaine Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 84 photos
Right at the Canadian/US border where I-5 starts it's long trek South, and British Colombia's highway 99 starts it's trip North to Vancouver, there is the Peace Arch Park. The center piece of this Washington State park and B.C. Provincial Park is the "Peace Arch:", a symbol of friendship of these two counties, "born of a common mother".
Here is the British Columbia side.
Here is one of the many monuments marking the border with Canada.
A fun activity is to take pictures of people 1/2 in US and 1/2 in Canada.
Also some Vets memmorials in park.
- Pros:Gas, milk & shoes are cheap. Boat harbor, resort w/ Arnald Palmer golf course.
- Cons:Town is "going out of business", Help support Blaine
- In a nutshell:Nice break on way to or from Canada
Along the North end of Blaine there are a series of towers with cameras (including nightscope). They are watching the... more travel advice
This is a typical "Northwest" restaurant. I would classify it as "fine" dining. Usually we go for the Mother's Day... more travel advice
Bellinghamster's Related Pages
Blaine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Blaine, the boarder town of Canada and the U.S."
- "Gateway to Canada"
- "Our AmeriFriends"
- "Border City, Friendship City"
- "Blaine Washington"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blaine
- Hotels in Blaine
- Nightlife in Blaine
- Restaurants in Blaine
- Warnings and Dangers in Blaine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Blaine
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Blaine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blaine
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bellingham Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Olympic National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Blaine Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue