"Das Umdenken Deutschlands" Germany by JourneyOf1
Germany Travel Guide: 56,001 reviews and 163,622 photos
When speaking to a few friends from North America who I'd gone to school with, exchanging current information and greetings, when asked where I lived, after I replied, Germany I received a blank stare.
"Why would you want to live there?" I was asked. After explaining I've lived here off and on for years, they still look puzzled.
"What do you mean?" I query in return. I've received a number of different answers. Most assume you are military personnel or dependents stationed at a base of some kind. Not the case for me. It was where I was born, a country I feel more happy and comfortable in overall than any other.
I don't look like the average German of 200 years ago, but today's Germany is very much multi-cultural, multi-ethnic. Like every country in the world it has its problems to a lesser or greater degree, but it offers densely pleasurable traveling, efficient transportation, many friendly people, and modern convenience as well as traditional old world charm.
Around the world when people think of Germany, they think of cuckoo clocks, castles, mountains, river cruises, pastries, hearty meals and beer!, and yes, quite a number still associate it with intolerant groups with infamous histories, but Germany is all and more than those things.
I'll be building this page slowly I think, with mostly info facts about things needed to visit Germany, a few pointers, and the like. I never realized how difficult I would find it to describe my feelings and experiences in my birth country. Write any time if you wish to chat about Germany, be welcome....
Some Stories About My Friends and I:
A Sweatlodge in Germany A real Native American sweat lodge at a castle in Land Brandenburg
Spring in Berlin-A Day In My Life 2003 A day in the life of a couple of VTers and I
Some of My Thoughts of German Life I love to observe, to watch and get to know people, though my eyes this...
"It won't be easy,
You'll think it's strange,
when I try to explain how I feel...."
- In a nutshell:There's no place like home.....
JourneyOf1's Related Pages
Germany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where to go and what to see !"
- "Discover Germany’s incredible diversity"
- "Germany on a Budget from an Insider"
- "Paul's Germany Page"
- "Breweries, Hikes and Climbs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Germany
- Hotels in Germany
- Transportation in Germany
- Nightlife in Germany
- Restaurants in Germany
- Shopping in Germany
- Warnings and Dangers in Germany
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Germany
- 53 Reviews
- 178 Photos
- 69 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Germany
Top 5 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 45 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alabama Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bad Saarow-Pieskow Intro, 4 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bernau Intro, 4 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Huntsville Intro, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (23)
Top Germany hotels
- Berlin Hotels
- 6873 Reviews - 15326 Photos
- Munich Hotels
- 4308 Reviews - 9909 Photos
- Frankfurt am Main Hotels
- 1665 Reviews - 3682 Photos
- Düsseldorf Hotels
- 950 Reviews - 2162 Photos
- Cologne Hotels
- 1607 Reviews - 3988 Photos
- Hamburg Hotels
- 1452 Reviews - 3459 Photos
- Stuttgart Hotels
- 612 Reviews - 1569 Photos
- Nürnberg Hotels
- 880 Reviews - 2990 Photos
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Hotels
- 320 Reviews - 1065 Photos
- Karlsruhe Hotels
- 895 Reviews - 4115 Photos
- Dresden Hotels
- 1205 Reviews - 3542 Photos
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Hotels
- 585 Reviews - 1823 Photos
- Koblenz Hotels
- 346 Reviews - 821 Photos
- Fussen Hotels
- 130 Reviews - 479 Photos
- Würzburg Hotels
- 353 Reviews - 1186 Photos